The Arbroath Thread

Recruitment has been an absolute car crash since late last Jan, not just the recruitment but the peddli g of a couple of player who would improve us if they returned looks even more bizarre as time has gone on. 

Might be a novel idea but I’d rather we were very much looking at inside the box signings rather than these outside of the box randomers like. 

Recruitment has been an absolute car crash since late last Jan, not just the recruitment but the peddli g of a couple of player who would improve us if they returned looks even more bizarre as time has gone on. 

Might be a novel idea but I’d rather we were very much looking at inside the box signings rather than these outside of the box randomers like. 
Yeah. Was the Hospitality for the Partick game was called off at end of January. Was really excited by Dicks decleration that we were going to go for it. Aim for the title.

Came away thinking he has some big last minute transfers lined up.

2 days later we signed Ford. Think that was the start of our new transfer direction.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Well yes obviously but his success with us and Livi has caused Dick to look for more.

My thing is, everyone seems to be looking for the new Nouble ?24 games and 4 goals ( yes he done a good turn )

Jack Hamilton 16 games and 7 goals or 18 goals in 34 games if we count the two loans.

4 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

My thing is, everyone seems to be looking for the new Nouble ?24 games and 4 goals ( yes he done a good turn )

Jack Hamilton 16 games and 7 goals or 18 goals in 34 games if we count the two loans.

You seem perplexed that we are looking to replace somebody who was the best player in the league

I take it you didn't watch any of those games and just going by stats.

The guys that are worth getting in the lower reaches of English football are generally going to end up at full time clubs. Nouble would never have signed for Arbroath even if they were the only Scottish club interested in him. We would never have got Akinyemi if we were part time.

I find it bizarre that Dick Campbell has become infatuated with the idea of trying to uncover a hidden gem when you had a perfectly decent transfer policy of bringing in 3-4 guys from League 1 or League 2 that were steady if unspectacular. That way you only have to get lucky with a loan or two to propel you knot a playoff fight.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The guys that are worth getting in the lower reaches of English football are generally going to end up at full time clubs. Nouble would never have signed for Arbroath even if they were the only Scottish club interested in him. We would never have got Akinyemi if we were part time.

I find it bizarre that Dick Campbell has become infatuated with the idea of trying to uncover a hidden gem when you had a perfectly decent transfer policy of bringing in 3-4 guys from League 1 or League 2 that were steady if unspectacular. That way you only have to get lucky with a loan or two to propel you knot a playoff fight.

This is exactly what most of us have been saying for months.

All we needed this season was to consolidate our league place and bring in a couple of solid midfielders and a half decent striker or two, loans or otherwise, to replace the guys that left.

There was nothing intrinsically wrong with the squad we had.

If it ain’t broke…

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Been saying and thinking this for about 5 months now and it has gone well past banging head off wall territory for me, as soon as we announced that winger the other night I was genuinely extremely pissed off, absolutely sick fed up of it  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Why not try and get a Jamie Vardy at the same time. A Nouble and Vardy would be nice to get the goals.

I reckon we should be sign a Messi too, but Scottish obviously.  And playing in league 2.  Someone who is racking up 40 goals a season, but that the other championship clubs arent interested in.

Raging that Dick hasnt done this tbh.