The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Any news on Scott Allan?

Honestly no bothered don’t think it’ll be anything serious or would’ve been mentioned in that update other night 

He does not come right back into the team now for me after todays performance. I’d put ToB back in and big Bitsindou in midfield for Jacobs but not sure I would put Stewart right back in to team either. Everyone deserves next game after today 

Much more like it 

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly no bothered don’t think it’ll be anything serious or would’ve been mentioned in that update other night 

He does not come right back into the team now for me after todays performance. I’d put ToB back in and big Bitsindou in midfield for Jacobs but not sure I would put Stewart right back in to team either. Everyone deserves next game after today 

Much more like it 

Think maybe family issues are bigger than injuries in many cases.

Scott Stewart walks straight back into that team whenever he wants.

42 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Agree on Stewart and O’Brien coming back into the team. Very important players.  

Just watching the goal back, think it may be the best goal I’ve seen at Gayfield in 20 years. Phenomenal strike, technique to do that is incredible. 

It was an own goal

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Agree on Stewart and O’Brien coming back into the team. Very important players.  

Just watching the goal back, think it may be the best goal I’ve seen at Gayfield in 20 years. Phenomenal strike, technique to do that is incredible. 

What’s your dealers Number? Best you’ve seen at gayfield in 20 years? It was an own goal for crying out loud 

10 hours ago, DUAFC said:

I didn’t know it was family issues or personal reasons when I posted that, but me saying I wasn’t bothered when I posted that was because I didn’t think it would be anything serious and was maybe only a wee niggle. Hope the guys ok and he can come back into the squad and start to play a part for us, he’s here for another 2 years so got to get behind and support the guy as best we can 

10 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Who for though, I’d have ToB for Jacobs but I wouldn’t be so quick in dropping McKenna, Hilson, Tait or Gold after how they played today 

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

It was an own goal

It's been officially credited to Bobby.

From where I was, looked like it came down off the bar and probably crossed the line before coming off the keeper.  Hard to call without different camera angles. 

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

From where I was, looked like it came down off the bar and probably crossed the line before coming off the keeper.  Hard to call without different camera angles. 

I was side on at the sea side terrace and pretty sure it hit the goalie back and went in but either way got to give him that 

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Best case for all involved doubt the keeper wants it against him 🤣 just hope Bobby claims his goal bonus before the dubious goals panel get a look 

I thought Bitsindou looked really good yesterday. Once we get TOB back he will be perfect  sitting in front of the back 4.

Hilson,Goldie and Tait all worked there balls off. Hammy and Ricky solid as always. And Bobby's goal wow.

Hopefully this is the start of better things.

12 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

I thought Bitsindou looked really good yesterday. Once we get TOB back he will be perfect  sitting in front of the back 4.

Hilson,Goldie and Tait all worked there balls off. Hammy and Ricky solid as always. And Bobby's goal wow.

Hopefully this is the start of better things.

I’m a lot more confident heading to Ochilview next week 

Much better all round performance than I had expected - happy with a point, but could have easily been 3 home points.

Hilson must surely be the most improved player this season - his recent work rate has been outstanding.

Everything clicked yesterday - every player battled all over the park and never stopped.

Bitsindou, Dylan Tait, Ricky Little and every other player all gave 100% - well done to all the players and special mention for Bobby Linn for that wonderful 35 yard goal.

DC got things right on the park yesterday ( finally after a bad run of results) - but he is not above criticism, but full credit for getting the team back on track yesterday.

Lets press on now with a decent run of results.

Edited by clashcityrocker