Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

So far from what Iv seen from Allan

Queens Park (H) - brief cameo where he showed flashes of quality 

Hamilton (A) - Don’t remember him doing much but overall that was a horrendous team performance and a day in general I’d like to forget.

Partick (A) - Game passed him by for the most part. He had a really good chance to draw us level late on but keeper made a magnificent save. 

Partick (H) - Ridiculous red card after a pretty average 1st have performance. Dylan Tait was much better than him that afternoon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we ever going to sign a striker?

Would hate to think we are going to announce someone on the last day of the window. Only to realise its a 17 year old, 5'8" winger from a Premiership side that has all the physical strength of a feather and the only thing he is good at is running fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Are we ever going to sign a striker?

Would hate to think we are going to announce someone on the last day of the window. Only to realise its a 17 year old, 5'8" winger from a Premiership side that has all the physical strength of a feather and the only thing he is good at is running fast.

Lari Yao?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

How many times have you actually seen Scott Allan play?

Your comment is just bizzare you mention TOB who you have seen play for many a year and your entitled to think he has been a great player for AFC.But with Scott Allan am not sure how you can say say the same?The guy has hardly kicked a ball since he was at Hibs?You a regular at Easter road back then?

I’ve been a massive fan of Scott Allan for ages, I remember tuning in to watch him play for Portsmouth away to Sheffield United ffs!!! I’ve had 10 years of watching Scott Allan play football live and through highlights and also I am entitled to think whatever I want you don’t get to determine my opinions 😂

He also played 23 times for Hibs last season, hardly kicked a ball is a bit of an exaggeration 

In the here and now he is one of the best players I’ve seen at Gayfield, the original post about it was saying how we should be really excited as we’ve got some fantastic players at the club, some which are up there with the best I’ve seen here. In the 20 year I’ve been going Scott Allan on paper is 100 percent up there with the best 

He might not do very well who knows but in the here and now the above is true? Never ever thought I’d see the day where we would sign someone like that, also never thought I’d see such a good group of players 

The point was that it is frustrating because we still have a glaring problem to solve and if we don’t the above is all pretty meaningless and we will never see it’s potential

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we ever going to sign a striker?

Would hate to think we are going to announce someone on the last day of the window. Only to realise its a 17 year old, 5'8" winger from a Premiership side that has all the physical strength of a feather and the only thing he is good at is running fast.

We’ll be waiting for Dundee United to sign a new manager so he can decide about Chalmers… maybe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Are we ever going to sign a striker?

You would have to assume that few of the deals to bring in a striker fell through at the last moment - there could have been a domino effect, with a club elsewhere having their deal fall through and then they pull out of allowing their player to go on loan ( happens a lot).

There is still 2 weeks of the loan window open and I think it will require patience during this period - clubs will have a list of their players available for going out on loan with others potentially becoming available.

Talent is worth waiting for - but appreciate it's frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is McKenna back?

Hard to tell as we hear next to nothing about injuries or when players will be back. I suppose it keeps the opposition in suspense slightly but I am going on the no news is good news re Gold and McKenna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’ve been a massive fan of Scott Allan for ages, I remember tuning in to watch him play for Portsmouth away to Sheffield United ffs!!! I’ve had 10 years of watching Scott Allan play football live and through highlights and also I am entitled to think whatever I want you don’t get to determine my opinions 😂

He also played 23 times for Hibs last season, hardly kicked a ball is a bit of an exaggeration 

In the here and now he is one of the best players I’ve seen at Gayfield, the original post about it was saying how we should be really excited as we’ve got some fantastic players at the club, some which are up there with the best I’ve seen here. In the 20 year I’ve been going Scott Allan on paper is 100 percent up there with the best 

He might not do very well who knows but in the here and now the above is true? Never ever thought I’d see the day where we would sign someone like that, also never thought I’d see such a good group of players 

The point was that it is frustrating because we still have a glaring problem to solve and if we don’t the above is all pretty meaningless and we will never see it’s potential

Scott Allan Loyal 👍👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Hard to tell as we hear next to nothing about injuries or when players will be back. I suppose it keeps the opposition in suspense slightly but I am going on the no news is good news re Gold and McKenna.

Hope so

 

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Scott Allan Loyal 👍👍👍

Whit are you on about lad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so looks like we try to scrape something tomorrow - goal less draw or a narrow defeat the most likely outcome. Meaningless cup game next week then signings in for the Cove game the following week.

Just hope there are a few draws tomorrow to keep us in touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ok so looks like we try to scrape something tomorrow - goal less draw or a narrow defeat the most likely outcome. Meaningless cup game next week then signings in for the Cove game the following week.

Just hope there are a few draws tomorrow to keep us in touch.

Might have a striker in for tomorrow 

 

If what I’ve heard is right it will only back up my theory that Joel Nouble has literally broken Dick Campbells brain and he’s spent 4 months unsuccessfully trying to find his own 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Might have a striker in for tomorrow 

 

If what I’ve heard is right it will only back up my theory that Joel Nouble has literally broken Dick Campbells brain and he’s spent 4 months unsuccessfully trying to find his own 

Oh great. Nouble was pretty much a one off, a left-field signing that worked out brilliantly for us and Livi. He’s very much an outlier though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Oh great. Nouble was pretty much a one off, a left-field signing that worked out brilliantly for us and Livi. He’s very much an outlier though.

My thoughts exactly.
 

No idea what this dude we’re supposedly getting will be like if it’s true. Played at some good clubs and at a decent level prior to the last 2/3 seasons but I really do wish we’d just signed the boy Robertson from FC Edinburgh, Rory Mac and a young lad on loan from a Prem club or something…

 

I have the fear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

My thoughts exactly.
 

No idea what this dude we’re supposedly getting will be like if it’s true. Played at some good clubs and at a decent level prior to the last 2/3 seasons but I really do wish we’d just signed the boy Robertson from FC Edinburgh, Rory Mac and a young lad on loan from a Prem club or something…

 

I have the fear

Yep such a high risk strategy. My worry is that all of these signings fail and our budget has been blown on expensive flops. All we needed to do this season was consolidate. It was very very unlikely we were going to have another season like last so a few solid, dependable signings to see us safely mid-table would have been more than acceptable. I don’t know another fan who wouldn’t be delighted with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

14 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

New Gayfield Meetings and Events brochure launched on Friday evening - priorities, just what the fans want to see.

To be fair that can’t stop doing this stuff because DC no getting it right on the park, this stuff still important 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:


 

To be fair that can’t stop doing this stuff because DC no getting it right on the park, this stuff still important 

Of course it is but the timing’s wrong, to announce it on a Friday evening when we’re screaming out for signings is a bit erse aboot t1t imo. We need to get it right on the pitch first and foremost, that’s more important than anything atm.

Edited by Tattie36
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...