The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, virginton said:

...Because the real world market valuation of an injury-prone, middle of the pack Scottish Championship midfielder who will be 31 in January is precisely £0. 

It's mind-boggling that either Arbroath's board or that braying fud Campbell seriously thought they could replace him with Scott Allan and make a quick buck in the process. Now they've fucked up their relationship with a former key player and results have taken a slide during this utterly pointless and protracted saga.

FWIW I'd be more than happy for Morton to turn our attention elsewhere, as we need a centre forward much more than any other position. And it sounds like we are doing that right now. 

Can Morton afford £0 these days?  

3 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Try respecting this he signed the contract with the understanding that if a full-time club came in for him he could leave for free......... PITY YOUR CLUB AND MANAGER DID NOT HONOUR IT. .....So Nicky has done nothing wrong.

haha, we took him from the lowland league, why would there be a clause saying we could let him go full time? and if even if there was that would be a shambolic decision for us to let him go for free. 

4 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Try respecting this he signed the contract with the understanding that if a full-time club came in for him he could leave for free......... PITY YOUR CLUB AND MANAGER DID NOT HONOUR IT. .....So Nicky has done nothing wrong.

I don’t think you’re helping Nicky here by posting stuff like this. 

11 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Calm down Nicky 

Nicky Low was outstanding for Arbroath - have lost count of the number of times he was Man of the Match (well into double fiqures).

He also inspired other players and gave them confidence - he never gave up, always giving 100% for the club and was without doubt one of the reasons Arbroath did so well last season ( our form dipped when he was out injured).

Fast track to the current situation, I don't think we can stand in the way of a player who wants a move, he was a great players for Arbroath, but if he feels it's time to move on we need to respect his decision.

If he signs for a Championship club there would be a clause to stop him playing against Arbroath this season - which ever  club Nicky goes on loan to they would need to pay his full wages as he is one of the best players in the Championship and would be getting silly if Arbroath were contributing towards his wages.

I wish Nicky Low all the best, he made Arbroath tick and will always be remembered as an important player who almost won us promotion to the Premier League.

It is now time for Scott Allan and Dylan Tait to take over from Nicky and I am confident they will fill the void he has left.

Time to move on and we still have 3 weeks left to sign a couple of quality players - top of the list is a striker

21 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Nicky Low was outstanding for Arbroath - have lost count of the number of times he was Man of the Match (well into double fiqures).

He also inspired other players and gave them confidence - he never gave up, always giving 100% for the club and was without doubt one of the reasons Arbroath did so well last season ( our form dipped when he was out injured).

Fast track to the current situation, I don't think we can stand in the way of a player who wants a move, he was a great players for Arbroath, but if he feels it's time to move on we need to respect his decision.

If he signs for a Championship club there would be a clause to stop him playing against Arbroath this season - which ever  club Nicky goes on loan to they would need to pay his full wages as he is one of the best players in the Championship and would be getting silly if Arbroath were contributing towards his wages.

I wish Nicky Low all the best, he made Arbroath tick and will always be remembered as an important player who almost won us promotion to the Premier League.

It is now time for Scott Allan and Dylan Tait to take over from Nicky and I am confident they will fill the void he has left.

Time to move on and we still have 3 weeks left to sign a couple of quality players - top of the list is a striker

Yes, all of that.

Could and should have been resolved last week. Suspicion that Campbell will continue to be an arse about it tho…

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Yes, all of that.

Could and should have been resolved last week. Suspicion that Campbell will continue to be an arse about it tho…

How do we even know that it’s anything to do with Dick Campbell? Clubs aren’t run by one individual, this could be all to do with financial, legal teams and contracts etc.

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Yes, all of that.

An arse about it in your eyes maybe but he’s doing exactly what I would expect and hope for our manager to do in a situation like this.

Can't say I'm that bothered about the Nicky Low leaving. He was good, wouldn't call him great, but a good Championship midfielder. But we have signed a better player to replace him, if that player can stay on the pitch for the full 90 minutes. A player who has played at a higher level for longer than Nicky Low did.

I thought that a signed contract was legally binding to all parties who signed it. If that's the case and there is not a clause in the contract that says any party can be released from the contract if any personal conditions change or any offers are made, then that party is in the wrong by refusing to stick to the terms of the contract. And if I am right then I would guess that the club would be within their rights not to release Nicky Low or even pay his wages whilst he refuses to train or play.

So why all the comments about how badly AFC is treating Low? Is it because football players, even at this  level, are seen to be above the law, that they do not have to abide by any agreements made and signed. Because Nicky Low has shown no respect for the contract he signed and it is he, in fact, who is treating AFC with disrespect.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie
grammar

I think what we are learning here is that Morton are utterly skint.  We probably set a reasonable fee, but I imagine Morton turned up with a load of empty glass bottles, an IOU, and an awfully outdated big club arrogance.

I wonder if they will be the next team to have the begging buckets out?  Its been a while since we had an administration in Scottish football.