The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Obviously we are all sitting at the harbour wall with our fishing rod dangling in the water waiting patiently for that elusive striker to bite.

In the meantime, how about we sign a decent centre half and move TOB in as the holding midfielder.

ToB was great there in his younger days but he’s too built now I don’t think that would suit him at all

Courier say Nicky not leaving today

2 strikers on loan but from clubs in England. We were also trying to loan a defender from Fulham but fell through 

4 minutes ago, liferlichtie said:

No chance of that 

Would'nt mind that big center half from AFC Fylde he was decent

You mean full-time AFC Fylde who probably pay higher wages than most teams in the Scottish Championship?

Edited by Tattie36

22 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Can go on loan to a central based team in the leagues below 

The post I replied to questioned why he would want to do that.

My post was giving the reason why he might do just that.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I know it's the sun, but i never said anything about the credibility of the reports.

It's in here.

You know how these things work right?  The "source" for this is probably this thread.  And now we are quoting it as the source for the rumours on this thread.

40 minutes ago, macca937 said:

It came from Nicky himself 

Another person in the know.  Is there anyone else on this thread that isn't best pals with everyone in Scottish football?

Because if I was pals with Nicky Low, and I somehow saw his contract, I wouldnt be sharing it on an internet forum.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You know how these things work right?  The "source" for this is probably this thread.  And now we are quoting it as the source for the rumours on this thread.

I'm awaiting a story in The Sun about us looking at an AFC Fylde centre back but the wages potentially causing an issue.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

David Goodwille and Leigh Griffiths spotted buying mock chop suppers in Marcos earlier.

I understand the deal has fallen through after failing to get Nicola Sturgeon & Val McDermid’s approval. 

Why do i feel like this is going to be a repeat of the January transfer window.

Know what the squad needs but dont do anything until the very last minute then panic buy a couple of players just have a few extra bodies.

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Know what the squad needs but dont do anything until the very last minute then panic buy a couple of players just have a few extra bodies.

In fairness, we have made multiple signings this summer, and by all accounts, the management have been working hard to sign players!  Its not fair to say "dont do anything".

11 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I’m bored. I think I’ll start a few rumours.

Had some wild texts today

7 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

We signed Jack Hamilton and Craig Wighton in January ffs!!! Both at the time on paper as good as we could’ve possibly got as replacements for Nouble and Dowds

8 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Ronaldo seen in Tutties….having an agua?👀

That’s funny just seen him on sky sports news in Leicester