The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Was Luke under contract for the season  ?

Also what's happened to Goldie the last couple of games. 

Signed a new deal before the summer. 

Hopefully this is the start of Dick waking up to reality with this squad and trying to keep them up.

Gold will be out for a while longer with injury.

Edited by SteveTheLichtie

18 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Don’t know what’s going on but hearing from a player that all is not well in the camp and a couple more on way out with more wanting out. Massive rebuilding job going to be required now 😭

Hopefully Paterson and Hilson because Paterson needs to play games and is not ready for this level yet and Hilson not up to the standard required. I think he probably isn’t enjoying his football as much here for the same reasons LD probably wasn’t 

Gaston, Gill, JT, ToB, Ricky, Hammy, Jacobs, Allan, Fosu, Corfe, Hancock, Gold, McKenna, Stewart and Shanks will all be happy they’ve only just signed / extended or have been here forever playing every week 

Imagine Bobby will be frustrated watching Hancock play left wing but he’s a club legend with a testimonial coming up soon and he has had a decent amount of game time in comparison to last year. Craigen is DCs boy but I dunno if he’s maybe unhappy about the amount of playing time he’s had, he’s watched LD start in his position a few times

Overall though I think the main blow will be losing Nicky. I do think there are a few guys in the squad that don’t make enough of an impact so I am all for some ins and outs if we can keep our main core. Think the 2 punts we’ve taken on Corfe and Fosu are the only ones we should be 50/50 on and see how they fare.

I think if we want to have a good season we need a solid squad we can rely on and who can all come in and make an impact when required 

Teams can go stale and I think that’s maybe something else we’ve suffered from this year especially after the way last season finished. A wee freshen up is probably a good thing 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

22 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Don’t know what’s going on but hearing from a player that all is not well in the camp and a couple more on way out with more wanting out. Massive rebuilding job going to be required now 😭

(If there is any truth in it) do you have any idea of who and what the catalyst is for this?

Seems very strange as squad strength and togetherness seemed to be huge parts of our success.