Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

Scott Allan is fucking class. Would be an incredible deal if you pull it off.

I would love him back in Inverness. Play him in a 10 role and he will create loads of chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Scott Allan - amazing business.

Adam Rooney - stinking business.

You say this but if you spent any extended period of time watching us and in particular our strikers we currently have on the books trying to put the ball into the net you’d be delighted to see Rooneys name there even if it is a punt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am convinced Scott Allan is being undervalued by numerous Scottish clubs who should take a chance on him.

I am also convinced Adam Rooney is fucking finished (unfortunately due to injuries) and would be lucky to do well at junior level these days.

We'll see how correct/incorrect these statements are soon if Arbroath are signing both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would love to see them both signed up, 1000% upgrade on the signings we have made, 

Patterson and Shanks to be loaned out, would rather they had a chance over Hilson, Donnelly, Corfe, 

Really harsh and it won't happen buy I think Jacobs legs are gone and I think he would be suited a level or 2 down, 

Usual back 5

Stewart  Low Mckenna Linn

                 Allan 

             Rooney

 

Linn will be Hancock or Fosu probably tho

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I am convinced Scott Allan is being undervalued by numerous Scottish clubs who should take a chance on him.

I am also convinced Adam Rooney is fucking finished (unfortunately due to injuries) and would be lucky to do well at junior level these days.

We'll see how correct/incorrect these statements are soon if Arbroath are signing both. 

I’m in total agreement with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I am convinced Scott Allan is being undervalued by numerous Scottish clubs who should take a chance on him.

I am also convinced Adam Rooney is fucking finished (unfortunately due to injuries) and would be lucky to do well at junior level these days.

We'll see how correct/incorrect these statements are soon if Arbroath are signing both. 

Adam Rooney played 25 games in the Conference last season scoring 6 goals for Solihull Moors who I think nearly got promoted to League 2? He seems to have got injured before their play off games but was back running end of July 

 

Also for Arbroath fans this is much better than the position and condition we signed Doolan and Prunty. I dunno if he will sign but I think the above statement is a bit much 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Adam Rooney played 25 games in the Conference last season scoring 6 goals for Solihull Moors who I think nearly got promoted to League 2? He seems to have got injured before their play off games but was back running end of July 

 

Also for Arbroath fans this is much better than the position and condition we signed Doolan and Prunty. I dunno if he will sign but I think the above statement is a bit much 

Just an opinion, bro. Again, we'll see how incorrect I may be if it happens, I'm not one to hope for a player to be phyiscally unable to perform to his best ability. That's more of a Dundee United fan-kind of thing to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just an opinion, bro. Again, we'll see how incorrect I may be if it happens, I'm not one to hope for a player to be phyiscally unable to perform to his best ability. That's more of a Dundee United fan-kind of thing to do.

Oh I know I’m not saying it won’t be a disaster but I think off of the evidence above and the fact that he’s only just turned 34 years old… saying a guy playing and scoring in the conference in England end of last season would struggle at junior level in Scotland is a bit of an exaggeration 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scott Allan
Arbroath FC are thrilled to announce the signing of 30-year-old creative midfielder Scott Allan on a two-year deal.

Scott is a naturally gifted footballer whose creativity, work-rate and personality have seen him become a fan favourite at every club he has played for and well known in the Scottish Top Flight

Having joined Dundee United at just 10-years-old in 2001, it was Dick Campbell who took Scott on an emergency loan to Forfar Athletic in 2010, before Scott made the move down south signing for West Bromwich Albion.

Not only has Scott played Club Football but represented his country at both U17 and U21 level.

Scott returned to Scotland and signed for Hibernian in the 2014 season.  Scott would go on to have three separate spells with Hibernian playing 129 games, scoring 17 goals and making 39 assists for the Hibees.

In his first spell with Hibernian, Scott was named Scottish Championship’s PFA Player of the Year, with 17 assists, 2 goals and helping Hibernian finish second in the Championship.

His outstanding season seen Celtic swoop for his signature and whilst at Parkhead, Scott also had lots at Rotherham United and Dundee before joining Hibernian again, this time on loan in 2018 before making the move permanent at the start of the 2019/20 season.

Four goals and three assists in his first 7 games of the season, and Scott didn’t stop with two for Martin Boyle in the Boxing Day Edinburgh Derby at Tynecastle.  As the pandemic hit, Scott had made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals in the 2019/2020 season.

Having been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes after joining Dundee United, Scott has never let it get in his way and is a proud ambassador for Diabetes UK.  

Last season Scott played 23 games for Hibernian, before departing Easter Road in the summer.

We are absolutely thrilled to have such a gifted, experienced footballer join our Club, and with a work ethic which matches that of our own team, we are delighted to welcome Scott to Gayfield.


Arbroath FC Chairman Mike Caird said “Having had offers from both North and South of the border Scott has decided his future lies at Gayfield and this is a signing that we hope will capture the imagination of our supporters and show a real sign of intent as a Club.

We were keen to sign Scott on loan back in January, so I’m delighted we have been able to capture him now on a 2 year permanent deal to compliment our already experienced squad of talented players.” 

Scott will wear the Number 23 Shirt at Gayfield and If you would like to sponsor Scott's Home, Away or Third Kit for this season please email [email protected] it will be on a first come, first served basis.

Give Scott a warm welcome to Gayfield and be there on Saturday - Tickets can be purchased here https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/

Welcome to the Club Scott!

C’mon the Lichties!

Scott Allan copy.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gayfield said:

Scott Allan
Arbroath FC are thrilled to announce the signing of 30-year-old creative midfielder Scott Allan on a two-year deal.

Scott is a naturally gifted footballer whose creativity, work-rate and personality have seen him become a fan favourite at every club he has played for and well known in the Scottish Top Flight

Having joined Dundee United at just 10-years-old in 2001, it was Dick Campbell who took Scott on an emergency loan to Forfar Athletic in 2010, before Scott made the move down south signing for West Bromwich Albion.

Not only has Scott played Club Football but represented his country at both U17 and U21 level.

Scott returned to Scotland and signed for Hibernian in the 2014 season.  Scott would go on to have three separate spells with Hibernian playing 129 games, scoring 17 goals and making 39 assists for the Hibees.

In his first spell with Hibernian, Scott was named Scottish Championship’s PFA Player of the Year, with 17 assists, 2 goals and helping Hibernian finish second in the Championship.

His outstanding season seen Celtic swoop for his signature and whilst at Parkhead, Scott also had lots at Rotherham United and Dundee before joining Hibernian again, this time on loan in 2018 before making the move permanent at the start of the 2019/20 season.

Four goals and three assists in his first 7 games of the season, and Scott didn’t stop with two for Martin Boyle in the Boxing Day Edinburgh Derby at Tynecastle.  As the pandemic hit, Scott had made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals in the 2019/2020 season.

Having been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes after joining Dundee United, Scott has never let it get in his way and is a proud ambassador for Diabetes UK.  

Last season Scott played 23 games for Hibernian, before departing Easter Road in the summer.

We are absolutely thrilled to have such a gifted, experienced footballer join our Club, and with a work ethic which matches that of our own team, we are delighted to welcome Scott to Gayfield.


Arbroath FC Chairman Mike Caird said “Having had offers from both North and South of the border Scott has decided his future lies at Gayfield and this is a signing that we hope will capture the imagination of our supporters and show a real sign of intent as a Club.

We were keen to sign Scott on loan back in January, so I’m delighted we have been able to capture him now on a 2 year permanent deal to compliment our already experienced squad of talented players.” 

Scott will wear the Number 23 Shirt at Gayfield and If you would like to sponsor Scott's Home, Away or Third Kit for this season please email [email protected] it will be on a first come, first served basis.

Give Scott a warm welcome to Gayfield and be there on Saturday - Tickets can be purchased here https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/

Welcome to the Club Scott!

C’mon the Lichties!

Scott Allan copy.jpg

Signing that attracts or could entice further signings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...