Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

They might start losing supporters if they are charging £40 for an Arbroath backpack 

Thing is, you don't have to but any of the merch, it's not compulsory 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I phrased it wrong. They obviously won’t stop supporting the club going by what Iv seen on social media these prices are being met with negativity. The prices are a bit too high for people who are maybe bracing themselves for the energy hike. 
 

I know there’s been plenty said about Dundee charging £24 but if a supporter wants to sit in our stand it’s £22. I’m very much in the “twenty’s plenty” camp for football at our level. 

Football merch has always been really pricey though, I'm still using the same scarf I got when I was 12, and I'm near 40 now.  I don't think its any more unreasonable than any other club, I think we just have a lot more choice now, which is good!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

Think its actually great the club have this much merchandise you can buy. Never seen so many kids and adults in the club shirts etc ever before.

It is great, but that’s not the point I was making

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hospitality area seemed very quiet on Saturday. I noticed they were advertising it regularly on social media. Maybe due to summer holidays etc or the first thing to go if your trying to cut down on spending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3580870/arbroath-fulfilling-legacy-fan-gayfield-improvements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
 

Unbelievable. So even though we are rolling in the green stuff just now all the money spent on ground improvements has been spent from a fund left by a supporter called Mr Paton. Fair play Mr Paton you absolute hero 


Also, the bit they’ve left and boarded up at the ground, they’re going to let the fans decide what that building / area becomes. How good is that?
 

Can’t ever recall supporters being left to do something like that before? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3580870/arbroath-fulfilling-legacy-fan-gayfield-improvements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
 

Unbelievable. So even though we are rolling in the green stuff just now all the money spent on ground improvements has been spent from a fund left by a supporter called Mr Paton. Fair play Mr Paton you absolute hero 


Also, the bit they’ve left and boarded up at the ground, they’re going to let the fans decide what that building / area becomes. How good is that?
 

Can’t ever recall supporters being left to do something like that before? 

 

Boarded up area has been earmarked as a social club I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Boarded up area has been earmarked as a social club I believe.

Yeah they mention that in the article but wonder what other ideas there could be for it? A wee social club / pub thing would be magic for extra cash on match days. Could even open it up for Scotland games etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah they mention that in the article but wonder what other ideas there could be for it? A wee social club / pub thing would be magic for extra cash on match days. Could even open it up for Scotland games etc

Good idea re Scotland games, big televised sporting events etc, I think it depends on what type of licence the premises has to opening times etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3580870/arbroath-fulfilling-legacy-fan-gayfield-improvements/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
 

Unbelievable. So even though we are rolling in the green stuff just now all the money spent on ground improvements has been spent from a fund left by a supporter called Mr Paton. Fair play Mr Paton you absolute hero 


Also, the bit they’ve left and boarded up at the ground, they’re going to let the fans decide what that building / area becomes. How good is that?
 

Can’t ever recall supporters being left to do something like that before? 

 

A proper food kiosk and fan zone interaction section. Pie huts were a great idea but with the current crowd levels, a big one at what is now the home end would be a winner. Would give scope to expand the toilets were the food kiosk currently is.

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Good idea re Scotland games, big televised sporting events etc, I think it depends on what type of licence the premises has to opening times etc.

They technically already have this with the hospitality suites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'd like to see something outdoor facing.  So if its a social club, have it so you can access it directly from outside the ground

Think that would be the plan and that would definitely get my vote

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another match and still no loan striker. I understand why but frustrating to start this way. If I were Fosu I’d be a bit fed up being given 6 months to prove myself at this level, looking good but being played out of position as a striker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Another match and still no loan striker. I understand why but frustrating to start this way. If I were Fosu I’d be a bit fed up being given 6 months to prove myself at this level, looking good but being played out of position as a striker.

If you want a good one it takes time. Heard a promising murmur of a loan player yesterday.. a guy that a whole lot of teams in this division would like 

 

We will just have to wait and see 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Another match and still no loan striker

Might need to wait until the end of August for the announcement of 2 loan players - the Premiership clubs are still looking to sign new players and won't put their fringe players out on loan until these positions are covered - so might need to wait until the end of the transfer window ( this is usually how it plays out).

I would expect a striker and attacking midfielder to be be coming in over the next few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really do hope the Club keep the AFC Megastore in the Abbeygate, just look at the crowds there this morning plus it is a central "hub" for all Red Lichtie supporters.

I would like that to stay open plus have the one at Gayfield open on match days plus someone is at Gayfield daily anyway if someone from that end of the town wanted to pop into Gayfield for a shirt etc..

Hopefully the owners of the Abbeygate and AFC can come to a small rent fee agreement as if not it is another empty shop in the town centre which is not good for anybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...