The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

As a Montrose fan just thought I'd pop on here to congratulate Arbroath for the title.
Really impressive and a good time for you all.

Plus any chance of not actually winning it against us?

Would you rather we win the league against you or we get the Trophy against you? 

Would you rather we win the league against you or we get the Trophy against you? 
Neither tbh.

But the Trophy if that's the only choice. Hopefully your team would be feeling fu from a heavy week and we get a 4-0 win.
Make up for our flag day.

Congratulations lads. I’m sure the next couple of months will be spent tying the wee bow to a superb league campaign.

Don’t take this the wrong way but I truly hope we don’t meet in the league next season despite Gayfield being my favourite away day.

Disagreed with the starting line up yesterday and the subs, but over the piece all of it worked successfully and the way we set up was a masterstroke in terms of the result we got. We sat back, let Raith come onto us and try and break us down and they simply couldn't. In the rare occasions we're playing with 1 up top, Wallace isn't the man to play that role, but in a front 2 where we're aiming to score goals it's a totally different game.

All credit to the management team for yesterday, got things spot on looking back at it. It's things like this which are why I'm just a fat b*****d sitting in the stand while Dick is.......eeeeh..... :unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Disagreed with the starting line up yesterday and the subs, but over the piece all of it worked successfully and the way we set up was a masterstroke in terms of the result we got. We sat back, let Raith come onto us and try and break us down and they simply couldn't. In the rare occasions we're playing with 1 up top, Wallace isn't the man to play that role, but in a front 2 where we're aiming to score goals it's a totally different game.
All credit to the management team for yesterday, got things spot on looking back at it. It's things like this which are why I'm just a fat b*****d sitting in the stand while Dick is.......eeeeh..... :unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s a weird one looking to next weeks game against Airdrie. Not one of the team deserved to be dropped but you would hope we didn’t line up the same way at home against a team we should be beating comfortably. I know Goldie and Bobby picked up knocks as well

The next question is when will we secure the title. I’m looking at Stranraer away on the 23rd of March
We do have a nice wee run of derby games starting the 30th March.
Forfar away. 30th March
Montrose home. 6th April
Brechin away. 13th April

Would ensure a bumper crowd and a get it right up ya to our neighbours.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

We do have a nice wee run of derby games starting the 30th March.
Forfar away. 30th March
Montrose home. 6th April
Brechin away. 13th April

Would ensure a bumper crowd and a get it right up ya to our neighbours.

Although I'm still wary of getting ahead of ourselves, we still have a job to do etc etc. I have to say nothing would please me more than winning the title away to Brechin, especially if in doing so it puts them to the bottom of the table. Angus #1 team taking over the village for a party while putting a nail in their coffin as they move to their rightful place at the bottom level ;) 

With the trophy normally being presented at the last home game of the season for the winning club when leagues are won early, I'd like to see us give Dumbarton a walkover for the last day of the season well in advance if we've won it in order to be presented the trophy at the Raith home game.