The Arbroath Thread

Aye would say same, short on overall numbers but we are well stocked in the middle of the park. Whatley and McCord can't get in just now.

Just wonder if it's a wee saving for some extra cash in January. Not sure 6 weeks of his wage will amount to much but every little helps.

Good for the guy to go and get games too, it's probably just as hard trekking all over the country and training when you're not really playing at all so the fact he's been spoke highly of by some of our players on DD podcast is decent. Never went in a huff or whatever.

Is there any decent free agents, going about just now?

Is there any decent free agents, going about just now?

I’d doubt it. Any free agent we sign now would’ve had to have been a free agent before the transfer window shut I’m sure. Graham could only sign for Kelty because the Lowland League don’t use transfer windows.

Just popped in to say that our game against Bohemians has finally got a date, but the League has still managed to shaft you as we were playing you lot on that date but at least you've got a bit of notice this time!!!

Just popped in to say that our game against Bohemians has finally got a date, but the League has still managed to shaft you as we were playing you lot on that date but at least you've got a bit of notice this time!!!

What’s the date King?

Atleast were away, probably works out worse for you guys now, which is mental

What’s the date King?

It the game from the 2nd of Feb that's been postponed, no word of a rearranged date yet, but it would probably be the same week I would imagine!!!

Midweek trip to Methill. How great

You know you love it!!!

Finn Graham is a good player and had a couple of good years at the Hedgetrimmers who were gutted he left them for us, he also done well in the pre-season games he played for us, unfortunately for him our midfield has been excellent even keeping the outstanding talent in McCord out and our Captain out in the last few games and they would all play before Finn.

At his age and also he is supposed to be going to Australia early next year made sense for him to leave and get a few games under his belt before he left for Aussie land, so good luck to him.

This does leave us short on the subs stakes and i wonder if Kane gets drafted back to make up the numbers as if we get a suspension and an injury we are down to the bare bones and i still state Kane offers something different and is a great 30 minute sub imo.

For tomorrow with it being the Scottish Cup and a chance to maybe get a plum-tie in the next round i would start the same XI who started last week and if things go to plan then bring on McCord/Doris and a.n.other for the last 30 minutes.

Doris is not ready to start but give him 30 minutes or even the 2nd half tomorrow.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

It the game from the 2nd of Feb that's been postponed, no word of a rearranged date yet, but it would probably be the same week I would imagine!!!

You know you love it!!!

Excellent, I’m away that weekend anyway.

Finn Graham is a good player and had a couple of good years at the Hedgetrimmers who were gutted he left them for us, he also done well in the pre-season games he played for us, unfortunately for him our midfield has been excellent even keeping the outstanding talent in McCord out and our Captain out in the last few games and they would all play before Finn.
At his age and also he is supposed to be going to Australia early next year made sense for him to leave and get a few games under his belt before he left for Aussie land, so good luck to him.
This does leave us short on the subs stakes and i wonder if Kane gets drafted back to make up the numbers as if we get a suspension and an injury we are down to the bare bones and i still state Kane offers something different and is a great 30 minute sub imo.
For tomorrow with it being the Scottish Cup and a chance to maybe get a plum-tie in the next round i would start the same XI who started last week and if things go to plan then bring on McCord/Doris and a.n.other for the last 30 minutes.
Doris is not ready to start but give him 30 minutes or even the 2nd half tomorrow.
C'Mon the Red Lichties.
Kane can't play for you until January.

Pollok have signed Jamie Henry (although he debuted last week) who was with you lot last season & before that on loan. How was he at Arbroath?

He didn’t play much for us but looked very lightweight. Not sure how much he played at brechin tbh but might be decent at that level

Stranraer  may have won to-day but they really did not beat us, we did that ourselves by the misses we had. Players clean through 3 times and unable to put the ball in the net. As for the opposition their tackling was a disgrace and Hamill should have been off but was saved by refs incompetence who failed to book him in the 1st half for his tackle on B.Linn. S Farrell should be ashamed of his players the way they kicked up us in the air and they were greatly helped by the ref who was not strict enough.