The Arbroath Thread

59 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

Are you saying that you can overlook and simply dismiss these things because the results on the pitch are good?

What exactly are the people who keep bringing this up hoping to achieve?? you wanting DC and Pink sacked for it, hung drawn and quartered or perhaps jailed. As Smokerson said it was a bit of a PR balls up for whatever reason and yes they should've been more open about it maybe they had their reasons for not being open about it who knows but are the Campbells gonna be battered over the head about this for ever more? 

1 hour ago, keptie said:

What exactly are the people who keep bringing this up hoping to achieve?? you wanting DC and Pink sacked for it, hung drawn and quartered or perhaps jailed. As Smokerson said it was a bit of a PR balls up for whatever reason and yes they should've been more open about it maybe they had their reasons for not being open about it who knows but are the Campbells gonna be battered over the head about this for ever more? 

I'm not hoping to achieve anything other than gauging where the line is to be drawn and if that line should be shifted because the table makes good reading.

Don't think the management team should be going into the details of transfers/contracts to the fans, don't think it was IC's place as the assistant to say to be honest. Think Dick dealt with it well in some of his interviews after it became obvious what was going on.

But aye well done McKenna. Had a feeling it would've been Gold instead.

18 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Yes

Lying to fans - acceptable.

Conducting yourself in such a way to miss a dozen games with touchline bans - acceptable.

At what point does this questionable conduct become unacceptable?

Bullying a player?

Bribing an official?

Invading Poland, Holland and France while killing 6 million jews?

WHERE'S THE LINE?

Technically Gav could play against Forfar as the agreement wasn't contractually binding. Did the club make the agreement.? Did the management team make the agreement? I think some of the uncertainty came from the fact that they were considering not sticking to it.

In the end I think clarity would have been better.

Conducting yourself in a way that gets a touchline ban is not acceptable but from a fans perspective it's tolerable because it shows a bit of passion for the club and the job.
If we were getting beat every week would it be looked on differently? Probably yes.

The other stuff is all unacceptable so I guess that's where the line is. No bullying or bribing allowed!

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:

Technically Gav could play against Forfar as the agreement wasn't contractually binding. Did the club make the agreement.? Did the management team make the agreement? I think some of the uncertainty came from the fact that they were considering not sticking to it.

In the end I think clarity would have been better.

Conducting yourself in a way that gets a touchline ban is not acceptable but from a fans perspective it's tolerable because it shows a bit of passion for the club and the job.
If we were getting beat every week would it be looked on differently? Probably yes.

The other stuff is all unacceptable so I guess that's where the line is. No bullying or bribing allowed!

No bullying or bribing, but I see you haven't explicitly ruled out genocide.

Lying to fans - acceptable.
Conducting yourself in such a way to miss a dozen games with touchline bans - acceptable.

At what point does this questionable conduct become unacceptable?
Bullying a player?
Bribing an official?
Invading Poland, Holland and France while killing 6 million jews?
WHERE'S THE LINE?

IMO the line would only be crossed if we invaded Belgium as well

Never had much games to be fair, good luck to him will just be wanting some games before he goes abroad.

DC preparing for some January loans at the moment you think?

A few games to play before we get to the transfer window, we are now really low on numbers

Aye would say same, short on overall numbers but we are well stocked in the middle of the park. Whatley and McCord can't get in just now.

Just wonder if it's a wee saving for some extra cash in January. Not sure 6 weeks of his wage will amount to much but every little helps.

Good for the guy to go and get games too, it's probably just as hard trekking all over the country and training when you're not really playing at all so the fact he's been spoke highly of by some of our players on DD podcast is decent. Never went in a huff or whatever.