The Arbroath Thread

The right back seems to be way out of position on a lot of Rangers attacks

Yea there was one effort at end of 1st half that the Sevco number 3 should have finished. Wilson had been dragged inside and left a massive amount of space behind him

Oh well last Saturday without proper football has past and we are now sitting with this squad going into the competitive fixtures

Allan Fleming (GK)

Callum Brodie (GK)

Craig Wilson (RB)

Ricky Little (RB/CH)

Graham Hay (CH)

Andy Munro (CH)

Keiran McWalter (RB/CM)

Craig Johnstone (LB/LM)

Jordan Lowdon (LB/LM)

Jamie Clarke (CM/CH)

David Gold (CM)

Mark Whatley (CM/RB)

Keiran Stewart (CM)

Bobby Linn (RM/LM/AM/ST)

Jamie Reid (LM/AM)

Lewis Coult (ST)

Martin Grehan (ST)

Kane Hester (ST)

18 signed. Still needing a pacey striker I think. Not sure what else, think we would usually have a squad of about 20/21? I can see McWalter going out on loan again at some point.

Wonder if Lumsden will maybe look at bringing in 1 or 2 young guys on loan.

Arbroath. You not Surprised Bobby linn never moved up a league or two ......

A wee bit but he's 29 and from Dundee. Maybe just at that stage where playing here makes his all round life a bit easier, plus we all love him and he will definitely be our highest paid player I imagine

Sum boi

Very surprised Bobby Linn has not been offered a deal with a full time club - he is arguably the best player in the two lower leagues, but also delighted he is enjoying being at Gayfield.

Perhaps next year he will sign for a full time club - but great to have him playing for the 'broath ( well done to Paul Sheerin for signing him on a two year deal ) .

He'll sign for Forfar next season.

With the money Forfar have and it being roughly the same distance to Dundee, Forfar seems the best option. But then again, maybe he's just happy being the main boy at Arbroath.

£15k was rejected by Arbroath , he shall be a Forfar player by January ? According to a Forfar official

only if you lot are in a promotion fight, if your not, he stays

£15k was rejected by Arbroath , he shall be a Forfar player by January ? According to a Forfar official

If we have supposedly rejected that now why would we accept it in January? I'd also hope if any of this was true the board would go all out to keep him here and match a Forfar bid for a change.

If we have supposedly rejected that now why would we accept it in January? I'd also hope if any of this was true the board would go all out to keep him here and match a Forfar bid for a change.

The alternative is getting nothing for him when his contract ends. I think we'd aim to buy him to give us the edge in a title race if we're in one, over a pre-contract when he won't arrive until June.

The alternative is getting nothing for him when his contract ends. I think we'd aim to buy him to give us the edge in a title race if we're in one, over a pre-contract when he won't arrive until June.

Id rather that.

Forfar will not be in a title race so no need to worry.

tbh I reckon the board should be doing there all to sign him up for next season at least

I don't know about finances at the club but we've had quite a few big games the last few seasons. Celtic away, home. Sevco at home twice. Hibs away, Hearts away to come. I'd throw money at the guy, I'd even give him 2 players wages just to keep him on board. This is all just gossip anyway. The only one who really knows where he will be and wants to be is himself. Will just have to wait and find out.

Eta: a promotion would really help our chances of keeping him

Edited by 1320Lichtie