The Arbroath Thread

It's poor, IIRC the last debate about it on Arbroath Mad ended with the club asking for volunteers to improve it

How do other clubs manage? Volunteers aswell?

I think the club are very good with fans and very good all round, I wasn't happy with the McManus situation but it was understandable in a business sense

The website really is one thing that needs improved though, it genuinely hasn't changed since I started using the internet :lol:

How do other clubs manage? Volunteers aswell?

I think the club are very good with fans and very good all round, I wasn't happy with the McManus situation but it was understandable in a business sense

The website really is one thing that needs improved though, it genuinely hasn't changed since I started using the internet :lol:

The club has absolutely no relationship with the fans. This is the 1st thing that needs to be improved

Here here. Season ticket holders used to get emails in relation to any updates or signing news but we dont get anything anymore. A big lack of communication with the fans. Make us feel wanted so that we are willing to put money into the club for season tickets, etc.

They just see us as customers. I have absolutely no time for the board

The club has absolutely no relationship with the fans. This is the 1st thing that needs to be improved

Club shop needs to be more accessible and more fan days especially to encourage youngsters would be a good start. At the least the board should aim to be the best club in angus but due to a lack of ambition they dont seem to be bothered that we're way behind forfar and brechin

The website just needs to up to date and have the latest news ready to release. Should also look to promote local businesses and try and link up with some of them in any way possible. Have charity events at gayfield so fans can get involved. More interviews from the management so we can see them in the herald but also post them on the website. Interviewing players too. Fans want to know more about the people working for the club. Fans also want to know where the money they pay into the club goes.

Callon has posted on the Mad site that the transfer window doesnt open until 2nd week in June and the official site will be updated when players are officially signed. How is it we can sign Hay from Formartine and Fleming from EF and announce it but not the others mentioned ?

Callon has posted on the Mad site that the transfer window doesnt open until 2nd week in June and the official site will be updated when players are officially signed. How is it we can sign Hay from Formartine and Fleming from EF and announce it but not the others mentioned ?

they may still be under contract, whereas Hay and Fleming agreed to terminate their contracts. Reid was released by Dundee a few weeks back.

They just see us as customers. I have absolutely no time for the board

this x100

Think it would thankless job being on the board of a small club, I would run a mile" to avoid being any part of it, must take a huge chunk out of their lives, must be a real labour of love, because let face it they do get no gratitude for what thy attempt to do, also running a football club is one of these jobs that everyone who does not do it, thinks they can do it better than them who do, just a thought

Edited by ecto

Think it would thankless job being on the board of a small club, I would run a mile" to avoid being any part of it, must take a huge chunk out of their lives, must be a real labour of love, because let face it they do get no gratitude for what thy attempt to do, also running a football club is one of these jobs that everyone who does not do it, thinks they can do it better than them who do

I would agree with this