The Arbroath Thread

Ex Raith,Dunfermline right back rumoured to be on his way.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/214054-linlithgow-rose-2014-15/page-102

I hope it works out for him. A cracking player with us during his time. He went something crazy, probably over 100 games, without missing a single minute. Sadly he was released after the season we ran the Pars close for the league. He then went to Forfar which in itself was a surprise, and more surprising he couldn't get a game. A few folk I spoke to who know those close to him said he was disillusioned. I'll always have a soft spot for Craig. He was part of a brilliant team which took us to a championship and a Scottish Cup semi-final.

If he's anything like he was, he's a solid defender and had a lot of pace. I'm not sure how much of that will have changed.

Why is our website never being kept fully up to date. It has not mentioned who has been released and which players signed new contracts. Couple new players who have signed have not been mentioned either. Other teams websites are well up to date and they are arranging friendlies and selling season tickets already. Think their needs to be a local community support from the team to promote things going on around the town. I notice all other teams have better quality websites too. Should we not get an update.

Only a suggestion.

As someone who doesnt buy newspapers i expect the website to be up to date rather than finding info out from the players on twitter. The club need to be more involved with their fans.

Which is exactly why I posted asking who has been confirmed as signed. There are many names being bandied around as signing/signed but nothing on the official or even the Arbroath Mad site which the board monitor. Surely not too much to ask for Gary Callon who posts regularly or any other board member to put up a post confirming signings. It's in the club's best interest to keep the supporters informed imo by whatever means .