The Arbroath Thread

no, 6 months without a club he said in his post.

harsh it may be, but paying wages to a player not able to play the 1st half of the season, makes sense, if there is a need and he is fit in Jan, who knoes

harsh it may be, but paying wages to a player not able to play the 1st half of the season, makes sense, if there is a need and he is fit in Jan, who knoes

he said he want bothered about being let go, said the way they did it was very unprofessional.

Sounds pretty bad, board really dont give a f**k if u get injured. Kerr mcmanus and probably crawford of recent times. When i was on trial a dozen years or so i was told they were interested in signing me but to "go and get me knee fixed first".... Great support for a 17 year old!

Ps Shagger could have at least spelt sheerin right!

Edited by afc_36_0

Im not surprised by what the board has done. Its about time there was a change at boardroom level as some of them have been in their various roles for a number of years now and its about time some fresh thinking was brought in.

Heard a number of stories over the years of players who were left annoyed and frustrated by the attitude of certain board members, and that was a main reason for them moving to other clubs.

This situation with McManus is slightly different but still its never a good thing to read about.

we don't know the whole story, but it's worrying how many other pro's commented saying how this was another example of the board treating players like shit, and lamenting Christison. Given our geographical location it's difficult enough to attract the top players for our level, and a board with a bad reputation isn't going to help that.

Iv heard from a few ex players how little respect they have for our board.

See at the end of the day though, as long as the players get paid, on time, then they should have no dealings with the board, other than a curious "hello" in passing.

I can understand managers not thinking highly of board, but players.....really?

See at the end of the day though, as long as the players get paid, on time, then they should have no dealings with the board, other than a curious "hello" in passing.

I can understand managers not thinking highly of board, but players.....really?

I think it comes down to the boards dealing with players regarding contracts etc. Heard over the years a number of players disgusted at the way the board treats them during the negotiations etc.