The Arbroath Thread

Loving Alan Moore s comments in today's Sun,"If i d said to the Arbroath fans in the summer we ll get you into the playoffs they would probably have bitten our hand off.But because we were up at top of the league for so long and aren t now,it s all doom and gloom now."

Loving Alan Moore s comments in today's Sun,"If i d said to the Arbroath fans in the summer we ll get you into the playoffs they would probably have bitten our hand off.But because we were up at top of the league for so long and aren t now,it s all doom and gloom now."

Oh im sorry Mr Moore, but 1 win in 14 is a shocking statistic for any club. We are playing some dire football and the fans are crying out for some sort of change from you. But you would rather sulk on the bench and throw a water bottle about than try and change tactics or make a sub.

I think the fans have every right to be a bit Doom and Gloom.

It's all doom and gloom because in the first half of the season we had one of the best records in the whole of the SPFL, and in the second half we have one of the worst.That is an absolutely incredible turnaround, and the only collapse I can think of in my time of watching Scottish football similar to this is Morton around 10 years ago.

Essentially our collapse is one of the biggest to have happened in the last 15/ 20 years of Scottish football. There appears to be a variety of reasons for this, of which almost all fall on the managers head. Now, I wonder why the fans could be unhappy with that.....?!?!

Alternatively, largely by mismanagement and poor recruitment, we've turned a potential Championship into a battle for a play off place which, on current form, we can't possibly win.

The board must be looking at Moore's comments and see that he has no connection with the fans. He seems to think 1 win in 14 games is acceptable.

Letting players such as Travis, Scott and McWalter to leave (on loan or for good) whilst keeping player such as Lowdon and Buchan.

We need to go up. Simple as that.

Alternatively, largely by mismanagement and poor recruitment, we've turned a potential Championship into a battle for a play off place which, on current form, we can't possibly win.

At the start of the season i would have been satisfied with a playoff spot, however 1 win in 14 is unacceptable and we r heading into the playoffs with absolutely no chance

Arbroath can still win instant promotion to League 1 via the play offs.

We have some quality players and if they can find their form we can most certainly upset the odds.

We also have the best home and away support in the league - we will have a great atmosphere at the play offs ( if we qualify ).

If Murray, Linn, Nicholl, McBride and other key players are on form, Arbroath are a real threat to any team in this league.

If we can rediscover the form of early season and the players have the belief we can win gain promotion via the play offs, then promotion is there for the taking.

Lets hope we can hit a good run of form for the remaining 4 matches and the play offs.

C'mon the 'broath.

Rumour says that Murray will be at Forfar on loan next season. They have quite the ex lichties squad going on. Can't believe Travis couldn't get a game in a defence with no defenders but plays week in week out for Forfar.

Forfar can GTF

Fucking fermer b*****ds with all our ex players

Yes I may be a tad jealous of them just now and being a bit harsh. :(