The Arbroath Thread

I don't see why McCallum can't push Rado for the starting spot at United next season. As Simon said has made some superb saves and he isn't that bad with corners. I actually feel he commands his box really well.

Cierzniak is off in the summer.

Doors open for McCallum to take his chance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What the hell is going on at the club? I dont think iv ever witnessed a team crash and burn, bottle it... or whatever u want to call it quite as big as this! Our form since the end of december must be the worst in the country!

Apart from the occasional glimmers of togetherness (comeback v elgin & 3rd goal v clyde) the team r a shadow of their 1st half season selves.

Injuries, signings and the montrose game have all been potential turning points in the season but surely there is something else seriously gone wrong in the board or dressing room???

Moore s signings Ross Fisher,Keiran Stewart, Kevin Buchan,Adam Hunter,David Crawford,Jordan Lowdon,Jack Smith plus all the loan signings,hardly anything to shout about.

I am not taking the p***, but what has gone wrong recently. I thought you guys were certain to win the league.

Prob a few key injury s in Jan/Feb and Alan Moore s poor Jan transfer window,bringing no one in apart from 18/19 year old loan players.

Was this season arbroath best ever start to a season?Im sure i read that somewhere a while back.Thought you would win the league looks like the rovers now. Theirs to throw away!

No, no they don't

Would be 1 win in 13 games if we lose on Saturday. Thats a third of the season. Should we just wait til we are out of the playoffs until we sack the manager? Or bring someone else in that actually has a plan B that doesnt involve hopeless long balls?

Would be 1 win in 13 games if we lose on Saturday. Thats a third of the season. Should we just wait til we are out of the playoffs until we sack the manager? Or bring someone else in that actually has a plan B that doesnt involve hopeless long balls?

And we would still be 3rd in the league, what's this plan B nonsense? I must watch different games, yes we do play long balls a lot, but we also pass it out from the back a lot, just like every other team we have played, it's not like we actually set out from the off with a plan called 'Plan A' which involves playing it long :lol: Edited by 1320Lichtie

What RedLichtie 86 is trying to say if we go 1 down Moore can t change a game and there s not much on the bench to bring on to change it,

That I'd agree with. Buchan/Smith/Lowdon etc just can't come on and make an impact

If long ball is our plan A can people tell me what their plan B would be if it was upto them?

It seems pretty clear to me that the players just aren't as confident on the ball now hence the reason for us playing it long more, that and the fact we are chasing a lot of games now meaning we are trying to get it forward as quickly as possible

Edited by 1320Lichtie

And we would still be 3rd in the league, what's this plan B nonsense? I must watch different games, yes we do play long balls a lot, but we also pass it out from the back a lot, just like every other team we have played, it's not like we actually set out from the off with a plan called 'Plan A' which involves playing it long :lol:

So if we started the season with 7 points from 12 games you wouldn't be questioning the manager?

So if we started the season with 7 points from 12 games you wouldn't be questioning the manager?

Yes I would've been. But he didn't and he hasn't and we have won half of our games and lost 10 out of 30 which is reasonable. He deserves the season. Putting pressure on him on a game to game basis isn't helping anything

Yes I would've been. But he didn't and he hasn't and we have won half of our games and lost 10 out of 30 which is reasonable. He deserves the season. Putting pressure on him on a game to game basis isn't helping anything

Can Moore do anything wrong in your opinion?

Can Moore do anything wrong in your opinion?

Of course he can, I've already said his January signings were shite and he should've tried his best to keep Travis and Zubaidi. I also think he's doing terrible just now...

I'm just saying that there's no way he should be sacked, 3 month ago you would've been absolutely loving the guy and now he's hit a rut you're wanting rid of him and have turned on him, hardly fair, he deserves the season