The Arbroath Thread

Wow.

How does it not make sense? You can tell somebody's a great player without them playing particularly well. Carreiro for example, could do some absolutely magic things that nobody else would be capable of and then give the ball away by making a mistake.

There's a big difference between talent and performances. I think Easton did great for us when I saw him, and I think he's a brilliant player. Which you can tell by the ability he has and showed on the park.

It's really pretty simple. I'll leave you to the name calling.

There is a big difference between talent and performances, I totally agree. By your logic though, someone can be a brilliant player but not actually put in a single good performance in their career? Players are judged on performances, that is the bottom line of football at any level. I’m not sure how you could disagree with that? If you don’t perform, it doesn’t matter what incredible talents you have, you won’t get far.

I would describe Easton/ Carreiro as talented, but certainly not ‘brilliant players’. To me, a ‘brilliant player’ is someone who has a variety of attributes/ skills as a footballer, not just one or two talents. Dylan Easton/ Carreiro are talented, Bobby Linn is a brilliant player (at this level). The difference? Bobby Linn has FAR more to his overall game than either of the Dylan’s. Do Easton/ Carreiro have the natural talent to make more of a career from football than Bobby Linn has? Definitely.

How on earth can you tell someone is a brilliant player but simply looking at them by the way?! What does a good player look like?!

Edited by SimonLichtie

There is a big difference between talent and performances, I totally agree. By your logic though, someone can be a brilliant player but not actually put in a single good performance in their career? Players are judged on performances, that is the bottom line of football at any level. I’m not sure how you could disagree with that? If you don’t perform, it doesn’t matter what incredible talents you have, you won’t get far.

I would describe Easton/ Carreiro as talented, but certainly not ‘brilliant players’. To me, a ‘brilliant player’ is someone who has a variety of attributes/ skills as a footballer, not just one or two talents. Dylan Easton/ Carreiro are talented, Bobby Linn is a brilliant player (at this level). The difference? Bobby Linn has FAR more to his overall game than either of the Dylan’s. Do Easton/ Carreiro have the natural talent to make more of a career from football than Bobby Linn has? Definitely.

How on earth can you tell someone is a brilliant player but simply looking at them by the way?! What does a good player look like?!

I agree.

But I do think Carreiro and Easton put in good performances for us. Carreiro put a lot of good performances in for us. What more does Bobby Linn have to his game than Easton? Easton tracked back and put in the dirty work to from what I saw, Carreiro maybe not as much.

And a good player looks like a good player, someone with bags of ability. Which I think both the Dylan's have.

Hi guys, an Accies fan here. Wee question for you, how did Zubadi do for you when he was on loan from us? He was on the bench last night for us and looks like he may figure soon in 1st team.

He did very well. Comfortable on the ball and a good solid defender for 19, very big guy too. Hope he gets a chance.

His second appearance which was his second last game he was awarded man of the match after coming on half way through the first half as a substitute.

Did that not merit a starting appearance next game?

The way things are going we will be lucky if we have 11 players to start on Saturday.

Easton is clearly a talented player but based on his last 2 games he wouldn't merit a starting place for Arbroath on Saturday. There are other players in the squad who contribute more and are consistent.

His second appearance which was his second last game he was awarded man of the match after coming on half way through the first half as a substitute.

Did that not merit a starting appearance next game?

The way things are going we will be lucky if we have 11 players to start on Saturday.

I was surprised by that MOM award, to say the least. I don't like to criticise players but he would be behind Louden, Johnstone and McBride for left midfield in my starting line up.

I hear that we are really struggling for players for Saturday. Worrying!

And a good player looks like a good player, someone with bags of ability. Which I think both the Dylan's have.

I have this superb ability of being able to carry 4 pints back from the bar to the table I'm sitting at without spilling a drop, even when fairly pished. Does this count towards me looking like a good player? :P

I have this superb ability of being able to carry 4 pints back from the bar to the table I'm sitting at without spilling a drop, even when fairly pished. Does this count towards me looking like a good player? :P

That is a superb ability Simon, now if you could do that with a ball at your feet.... :P

Heard from a reliable source that we're looking at a big defender (with League 1 experience) from a Highland League side.

What was the name of the big guy, played for Brechin, now at Formartine, could be him