The Arbroath Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Due to our game being off against Albion Rover he only made 3 appearances in his month's emergency loan. He came on as a sub against East Fife and did well setting up a goal with a great pass, then his second game he came on again as a sub against Montrose and ripped them apart. He won a penalty kick but also got his legs kicked to bits by their defenders. He started against Queen's Park and had a quiet match, but then the whole team did.

Good signing for you I think as he wants to get forward and take on defenders.

Dylan Easton is seemingly just about to join us. Thoughts/comments or the usual "Good luck with that" comments please.

Classic creative player. When the game suits him, he will run at the opposition and cause panic among them. When the game doesn't suit him, he will be relatively annoymous and offer nothing defensively. See Saturday against Queen's Park.

To be honest, 'creative' players from a higher level invariably piss me off. When the game doesn't suit them, they're a waste of a shirt. I would take Bobby Linn over either of the players we've had on loan in a similar mould to him. Bobby is happy to do the tracking back required and always works for 90 minutes.

What would make Dylan Easton 'brilliant'? As far I'm aware, he had a good 20 minute spell against Montrose and that's about it.....? :unsure:

Classic creative player. When the game suits him, he will run at the opposition and cause panic among them. When the game doesn't suit him, he will be relatively annoymous and offer nothing defensively. See Saturday against Queen's Park.

To be honest, 'creative' players from a higher level invariably piss me off. When the game doesn't suit them, they're a waste of a shirt. I would take Bobby Linn over either of the players we've had on loan in a similar mould to him. Bobby is happy to do the tracking back required and always works for 90 minutes.

What would make Dylan Easton 'brilliant'? As far I'm aware, he had a good 20 minute spell against Montrose and that's about it.....? :unsure:

I never saw him against QP, I saw him against EF and Montrose. From that he looked to me like an incredibly talented young player. Yet to be seen how he will do at division 1 level but after his spells with Berwick and ourselves I think it's safe to say he's a brilliant player for this level, standout.

Infact - I thought he was poor througout QP game (as mentioned the whole team were), against East Fife he played well for 20 minutes (the whole team were superb) and against Montrose say he was excellent in the second half, but poor in the first and over the piece he's underperformed more than he has performed for us? He's obviously got talent, same as Carreiro, but over the piece he was average more than he was brilliant!

Infact - I thought he was poor througout QP game (as mentioned the whole team were), against East Fife he played well for 20 minutes (the whole team were superb) and against Montrose say he was excellent in the second half, but poor in the first and over the piece he's underperformed more than he has performed for us? He's obviously got talent, same as Carreiro, but over the piece he was average more than he was brilliant!

Brilliant player, not performances. Surely just by looking at the guy you can see that? As L23 says if he applies himself he will go far IMO.

Has the ability to beat a man which is exactly what is needed for a winger but won't really track back. I also noticed he is a bit 1 footed.

He has a bright future in the game though if he applies himself

St Johnstone fans telling us he's better played in the middle of midfield. Did he always play out wide for you?

Brilliant player, not performances. Surely just by looking at the guy you can see that? As L23 says if he applies himself he will go far IMO.

By simply looking at someone you can tell if they're a good football player or not?! Why didn't you tell us how shit Lari Yao was when he signed? :P

The higher up you go in football, the wider the variety of attributes you need. At our level a player can get away with being a one trick pony (I'm not saying Easton is) whereas up the divisions they need to be a lot stronger and have a far better understanding of the game tactically, and their role/ what position they should be constantly. Put it this way, Bobby Linn is a superb player in this division, but why do you think he has consistently played in the second/ third division for the last 10 years, bar spells at Ballingry and Morton? It is because he has all the attributes to be an excellent player at this level, but he lacks the things required to move up. Look at Steven Doris as another example of this.

Brilliant player, not performances. Surely just by looking at the guy you can see thatYou'd make a great scout . . erse !

Wow.

How does it not make sense? You can tell somebody's a great player without them playing particularly well. Carreiro for example, could do some absolutely magic things that nobody else would be capable of and then give the ball away by making a mistake.

There's a big difference between talent and performances. I think Easton did great for us when I saw him, and I think he's a brilliant player. Which you can tell by the ability he has and showed on the park.

It's really pretty simple. I'll leave you to the name calling.

Edited by 1320Lichtie