The Arbroath Thread

Have to say ive not noticed any bad qualities or limitations in Zubaidis game.

I have to agree. He passes the ball very well for a central defender. It has made a huge difference to our game as we tend to keep possession much better this season.

Little really deserves to play as well. Presumably he will be a starter if El Zubaidi goes back to Hamilton at Xmas.

Plays both. Did he feature yesterday?

On the plus side. ONE defeat in 10 weeks now. Looking good SO FAR.

Came on mid second half and was very tidy in what he did. Looks a useful addition to the squad. Maybe give bridie some competition. Stoney limped off 2nd half. Hope its just a precaution.

Sincerely hope the gaffer negotiates a deal to keep Aldin and Dylan for the full season I think they have been a great addition to our squad .

would not be surprised if the two of them, spend the second half of the season on loan at teams in a higher league

Game day lets keep up the good Lichties and hopefully our home gates will increase it still baffles me how sitting clear at the top of the league and we have a good team yet still can only attract 800 fans yet we can summon up 4000 people to watch a twenty minute firework display every year haha

On another thread it was mentioned Arbroath rarely get anyone sent off can anyone recall the last Arbroath player to be red carded,i've seen umpteen opposition players sent off against us lately but can't remember the last time a Lichtie was sent off.

On another thread it was mentioned Arbroath rarely get anyone sent off can anyone recall the last Arbroath player to be red carded,i've seen umpteen opposition players sent off against us lately but can't remember the last time a Lichtie was sent off.

Ricky Little Vs Airdrie at gayfield in March.

Edited by Arbroathlegend36-0

Ricky Little Vs Airdrie at gayfield in March.

It wasn't a great season for Ricky last season nothing much went right for him,looks like the player Sheerin saw in him when he bought him this season though i know he aint a first pick just now but when he has played i've been really impressed with him.

RL has done well so far. Could easily be a starter. But competition for places is exactly what manager wants. Sat showed player can step in to other positions. Great news!!!

Totally agree with your last comment. I think there were 4 different line ups in defence. The starting one of Whatley, Nicol, Aldo and McBride. Then when Little came on at half time it was him and Aldo in the middle and Nicol playing in midfield. Then a while into the 2nd half Nicol dropped into RB and Whately was in the centre midfield. Then towards the end I think Little and Nicol swapped back with the former moving to RB. All in all, it was good to see they had the confidence in each other to do that and shows there is versatility in the squad.

I think McBride did well dropping back to LB and didn't look out of place at all.