The Arbroath Thread

Maybe work? Looks like we may get to see Little and Travis getting a chance and Hunter in for Carreiro.

A draw on the day and we would go to Links park next Saturday meaning the Annan game would be pushed back to another date.

The thought of a draw pushing Annan away onto a midweek date fills me with dread :( I've still not got over the trauma of a midweek trip to a freezing Stranraer last year (two years ago!?) :(

IF Nicoll, El Zubaidi and Carreiro were all unavaliable for Saturday, then I'd go with pretty much what you've suggested in terms of straight swaps, player for player. With a weaker defence, having Hunter in for Carreiro to protect them a bit more would probably work quite well, albeit slightly limit us in the attacking department with both Hunter and Stewart appearing to be defensive minded midfield players.

I think Stewart is being asked / told to play more defensively and play in that area to protect his defenders. I think Hunter naturally is far more attacking and every game I think he has played so far has had a shot or shots from outside the box. He made the difference last weekend when he came on. He gets stuck in and wins the ball in midfield and only tries to get it forward.

We could be struggling to fill the bench - Buchan, McWalter, Birse, Lindsay, Morrison, ...............Wallace if fit, Lowdon if fit, then Smith still out.

I think Stewart is being asked / told to play more defensively and play in that area to protect his defenders. I think Hunter naturally is far more attacking and every game I think he has played so far has had a shot or shots from outside the box. He made the difference last weekend when he came on. He gets stuck in and wins the ball in midfield and only tries to get it forward.

We could be struggling to fill the bench - Buchan, McWalter, Birse, Lindsay, Morrison, ...............Wallace if fit, Lowdon if fit, then Smith still out.

Wallace is back in full training so hope to see him soon. Not sure about Lowdon.

I like both of them as central midfielders, and am more than happy to see them paired together :) As you touch on - you never know what a players instructions are from the terraces, but I've always thought that due to Hunter's history as a defender that he has still defensive minded. I really like him as a player, I think he gets stuck in, rarely wastes the ball and has a good shot on him, as well as taking good set pieces.

With regards to the bench, it looks like we may need to fill some spaces with some of the youth tea....... oh.... maybe not! ;):(

Hamilton have generously agreed to let Aldin El Zubaidi play for us against Montrose despite this not being in the original agreement. Nicholl is out due to commitments from his new job.

I'd expect to see a fully fit Little back in defence and Hunter in for Carriero. That's still a good line up IMHO.

Hamilton have generously agreed to let Aldin El Zubaidi play for us against Montrose despite this not being in the original agreement. Nicholl is out due to commitments from his new job. I'd expect to see a fully fit Little back in defence and Hunter in for Carriero. That's still a good line up IMHO.

Hope this is a one off :shutup:(

I thought he was good, but El-Zubaidi is quite limited on the ball so a better ball player in Nicoll would help him.

It is not our job to make El-Zubaidi a better player, if Little, Nicoll is our best central defensive combination, then that is who we play

It is not our job to make El-Zubaidi a better player, if Little, Nicoll is our best central defensive combination, then that is who we play

But in my opinion nicoll and El Zubaidi is our best central defensive combination. Just saying that the twos attributes make them an effective partnership.

I thought he was good, but El-Zubaidi is quite limited on the ball so a better ball player in Nicoll would help him.

But in my opinion nicoll and El Zubaidi is our best central defensive combination. Just saying that the twos attributes make them an effective partnership.

Totally agree on both counts. El-Zubaidi in my opinion is very limited on the ball, and is simply best suited to passing it 10 yards left or right to someone who can distribute it better than him. However, I think he is a good defender at this level, so as you say alongside someone who can distribute the ball in Kev Nicoll it works well as a combination. However, I do feel sorry for Ricky Little who has done nothing wrong in the last few games he has played and really doesn't deserve to drop out after a good performance last week..... a hard choice for Alan Moore to make. I think in the middle of the park we have three better players (certainly for the system we try to play too) than Kev Nicoll in Keiran Stewart, Adam Hunter and Dylan Carreiro, so I wouldn't be a fan of moving him back into the centre of the park.

Evening All,

Me and a few mates are heading up for our Bi-annual visit to cheer on the Lichties on Saturday.

Being our first Montrose vs Arbroath Derby, we just wanted to check that we will be able to purchase tickets in the Arbroath end at the gates? And also, is wearing the Arbroath shirts advisable?

Any advice would be greatfully received :-)

Evening All,Me and a few mates are heading up for our Bi-annual visit to cheer on the Lichties on Saturday.Being our first Montrose vs Arbroath Derby, we just wanted to check that we will be able to purchase tickets in the Arbroath end at the gates? And also, is wearing the Arbroath shirts advisable?Any advice would be greatfully received :-)

You won't need tickets it's pay at the turnstile. And fire away with colours you'll be fine. Shame you're going to your 1st one that clashes with a Scotland game.