The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

This is the bit that I think a lot of people completely underestimate - the outgoings required to run a full time football club are significently higher than that of a part time one, regardless of player wages.

As much as this is all true, they’re still appears to be an illusion that a part time club is run on buttons and the players are still paid 30 quid a week 

7 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Is there?

I don't think so. I think the wages are relative to full time at this level. It's similar to how people think that full time players will be fitter. There's absolutely nothing in it. The only main difference is that full time clubs can spend more time in training on organisation.

Just now, VanBasten said:

Angus mafia at the SFA rigging the draw, I see

Naw mate, if we dun that we would have had either of the Dundee clubs and Brechin instead of St Mirren and Cowdenbeath, anyway why are Cowdenbeath even in this competition?

2 minutes ago, VanBasten said:

Angus mafia at the SFA rigging the draw, I see

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

East coast bias 

It’s not a SFA competition 

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Naw mate, if we dun that we would have had either of the Dundee clubs and Brechin instead of St Mirren and Cowdenbeath, anyway why are Cowdenbeath even in this competition?

To make up the numbers.

Think you get a 2 year window as a relegated side in the league cup as part of the parachute deal.

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

To make up the numbers.

Think you get a 2 year window as a relegated side in the league cup as part of the parachute deal.

Just wondered 

25 minutes ago, ecto said:

Dundee and Brechin also is what I was hoping for.  Still good though.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Why the f**k are cowdenbeath in this?  Just had a look at the table and they finished 14th!

Decent draw, good to have two derbies in pre season. 

It’s answered a couple of posts back