The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think for the moment being part time and the best positioned part time club is the way to go.

If 5 years down the line we are still in same situation we are in just now in regards to getting good crowds and competing at this level then maybe that’s a conversation for then but football can change for the good and for the bad very quickly so best consolidating for the time being 

Absolutely this

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

That's a very bizarre goalkeeper signing you guys have made, the guys been at 7 different clubs in the past 2 years apparently and he's 31 so not one for the future either.

Yeah and most of it in the juniors/non league. Obviously got to give the guy a chance - I wasn’t too enamoured when we signed Cammy Gill last season but he was fine.

I watched the Junior Cup final on Friday and if that’s the standard then heaven help us - one of the keepers looked like he’d been plucked out of a kebab shop queue 5 minutes before kick off.

Just means Gaston isn’t allowed to get injured…. Ever again.

Edited by Tattie36

Don't get me wrong I'm all for teams giving rough lower league diamonds a go but one who I'm already hearing has a reputation for being an arse isn't what anyone needs around the place.

Also while I'm hear, stop stealing our best players thought it was over after hilson but here we are again with slater, it's never Montrose or even Brechin it's always ours. 🤣

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Yes, we’re in a very healthy position, there isn’t a player in this league we couldn’t afford but being part time is hindering our future.

Choosing not to have the strongest team possible, is certainly a choice. And will surely lead to relegation, loss of momentum, and crowds, sooner rather than later. 

Lets be honest we’re not going to get anyone to challenge gaston so he’s purely to sit on the bench and play the odd cup game, if gaston got injured we would probably get a loan in. That said i would have liked someone with at least  a bit of experience in the leagues.

Its not a bizarre signing in the slightest, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the league so I don't see the point in paying a high wage for someone to challenge him but ultimately sit on the bench for a full season. I would imagine we would've been looking for a younger one like Cammy Gill but we have went for someone at a lower level who seems to have a bit experience. Hopefully  a bit better than the likes of Antel who we had the year before.

14 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Its not a bizarre signing in the slightest, we have one of the best goalkeepers in the league so I don't see the point in paying a high wage for someone to challenge him but ultimately sit on the bench for a full season. I would imagine we would've been looking for a younger one like Cammy Gill but we have went for someone at a lower level who seems to have a bit experience. Hopefully  a bit better than the likes of Antel who we had the year before.

Kehn. Spot on. 

Glad that’s that one out the road 

43 minutes ago, Basile Boli said:

He’ll be lucky to last until Christmas. 

I’m sure he will be pally with a few of our players. I am guessing that’s why he has ended up here. I really doubt he will be fucking about. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Not heard any good reports about this Guy unfortunately, both his playing ability and personality 

He is a competent keeper at EOS and LL level but is a complete lunatic hence why he never lasts at any club. He will be away from Arbroath by Xmas.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He is a competent keeper at EOS and LL level but is a complete lunatic hence why he never lasts at any club. He will be away from Arbroath by Xmas.

One boy messaged saying he’s anti vax and anti brain cell 😆

Let’s be honest boy is only going to play as a last resort. if Gaston was to get injured or miss a few games we’d definitely get an emergency loan or whatever. How many games has Gaston missed in a row at most in his time here 2/3 which antel looked horrific. Boy will kin the position he’s coming into so if he throws his toys out the pram im sure  dick won’t hesitate to show him the door.