The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

A fantastic night in Tutties as we bid farewell to the legend that is Bobby Linn! Thank you to all the supporters who came down last night 🇱🇻

IMG_6909.jpeg

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

Could someone not have hand cuffed him to the bar until he signed a new contract?

3 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

A fantastic night in Tutties as we bid farewell to the legend that is Bobby Linn! Thank you to all the supporters who came down last night 🇱🇻

IMG_6909.jpeg

IMG_6908.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

Looks well attended. I hope all who had the privilege of attending had an enjoyable evening and gave Bobby a vociferous send off. 

3 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Looks well attended. I hope all who had the privilege of attending had an enjoyable evening and gave Bobby a vociferous send off. 

It was a terrific evening. Bobby was at his engaging best and answered every question put to him. Spoke from the heart as well. Also stayed behind and signed everything out in front of him and posed for numerous photos. 

We had a minority of supporters moaning that it should have been open to all supporters and not just TASC members but we felt this was a special thank you event for not only Bobby but our incredible members who have supported the club through the difficult 2022/23 season. There needs to be some special privileges for our members to have. 

We opened membership for 2023/24 season yesterday and already have had a very good uptake. Including our newest member, a lad by the name of Robert Linn from the Dundee area.

17 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

It was a terrific evening. Bobby was at his engaging best and answered every question put to him. Spoke from the heart as well. Also stayed behind and signed everything out in front of him and posed for numerous photos. 

We had a minority of supporters moaning that it should have been open to all supporters and not just TASC members but we felt this was a special thank you event for not only Bobby but our incredible members who have supported the club through the difficult 2022/23 season. There needs to be some special privileges for our members to have. 

We opened membership for 2023/24 season yesterday and already have had a very good uptake. Including our newest member, a lad by the name of Robert Linn from the Dundee area.

That’s great to hear. And don’t worry about upsetting our already fragile support, some people just like a moan. As you say the members who have joined deserve a few extra perks. Il consider joining this season myself.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Ricky Little testimonial game vs Montrose on July 1st. I hope he gets a big turnout 

Surely, we can manage more than a tenner 

Edited by ecto

14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Ricky Little testimonial game vs Montrose on July 1st. I hope he gets a big turnout 

Surely we will see linn in an arbroath shirt one last time. Or we could call it “the persuade bobby to sign on for 1 more season testimonial”

10 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Surely we will see linn in an arbroath shirt one last time. Or we could call it “the persuade bobby to sign on for 1 more season testimonial”

Am not sure, he should be, but this is Ricky’s day, Bobby knows how we feel about him, he wouldn’t want to take the attention off Ricky, would much prefer if Bobby came back another time, or before this game

Edited by ecto

4 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Really hope the club's not voting in favour of the Conference League tomorrow. Would be good to get a statement either way.

Absolutely this needs to punted into the sea 

4 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Really hope the club's not voting in favour of the Conference League tomorrow. Would be good to get a statement either way.

Can’t see any way how Arbroath would/could support this proposal. There would be no benefit to us or any other club outwith a few in the top flight.

Surprised there hasn’t been a statement yet but I would be astonished if it was anything other than politely telling them to ram it.

Think the club need to come out and simply say we are voting against it like most eithers or else the accusations will start if the unthinkable happens and it was to pass through. It looks to be a non starter anyway so hopefully be forgotten about in a few days time.

Anyone else starting to feel slightly concerned  / underwhelmed by the signings so far....?

Maybe I've gone to soon on this, but hopefully it's better than last pre-season's recruitment drive.

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Anyone else starting to feel slightly concerned  / underwhelmed by the signings so far....?

Maybe I've gone to soon on this, but hopefully it's better than last pre-season's recruitment drive.

Absolutely not. It’s the same right across the board. 

Same thing gets said every year. Pretty sure you can’t even officially sign anyone until after Saturday when the registrations open. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty sure you can’t even officially sign anyone until after Saturday when the registrations open. 

So how have we managed to already sign 3 players ?

I worked in Arbroath for 5 years and could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I saw anyone in Arbroath gear.

Was down in Saturday and looks like nearly every kid was wearing a kit and a few adults too. Good to see and the shop in the Abbeygate looked busy too.

Everyone over 50 was obviously in Rangers gear but that will take another 5-10 years of natural selection to fade out.