The Arbroath Thread

21 hours ago, ecto said:

Think we could afford him,  club awash with money just now, we probably have the smallest payroll , in a league where we were the 4th best supported this past season, but full time will always trump part time as a proposition, some player, don’t waste him, sweetie

Well said mate 🔥🇱🇻⚽️ Money was never the issue it was only the offer of full time football, Even in his interview he speaks so highly of his time here and the relationship with the club and fans so would have been back here in a heartbeat if we could have offered it

4 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Couldn't believe how bad Ross County were last night. Even before the sending off they looked disorganised and off the pace compared to Partick. 

Fully expect to see them at Gayfield next season, with a new manager.

I think Partick have been excellent too. 

For spells, some shorter and longer than others, I think all of the top 7 sides have looked like really good teams this year. 

Dingwall a day for me to tick off though but again they’ll chuck money at it after a relegation and will be a hard side to beat next year.

14 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Couldn't believe how bad Ross County were last night. Even before the sending off they looked disorganised and off the pace compared to Partick. 

Fully expect to see them at Gayfield next season, with a new manager.

I thought in the 2nd half the defended superbly to keep them in the tie. I also thought the red was harsh 

Livi are reportedly wanting to sell nouble for £1 million. I think if Livingston and David martindale have any respect and decency they will surely be giving Arbroath 80% of that fee, after all we made nouble the player he is today. I think the board should be reaching out to Livingston in the near future and asking this question. 

55 minutes ago, superlichtie87 said:

Anyway, what is going on with signings? I hate this time of the year because the suspense just kills me and I just impatient waiting because I just want the season to start up again.

Announce some signings please Arbroath!

Said to my mate this morning every signing we’ve announced so far has been up to gayf and in and around the place so wonder if that’s going to be the script going forward too.

In the announcement the club made the other week 

‘With the Scottish 2022/2023 still not over, the hard work started at Gayfield behind the scenes months ago as we look to build a new squad for our 5th season in the Scottish Championship.  

We will have many exciting announcements to come!’

It sounds like some things were maybe done months ago but waiting on getting guys up to Gayfield for signing photos etc. Obviously harder to do when guys have jobs and are not local.

First pre season game in 3 weeks I’m sure it’ll fly in 

4 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

Livi are reportedly wanting to sell nouble for £1 million. I think if Livingston and David martindale have any respect and decency they will surely be giving Arbroath 80% of that fee, after all we made nouble the player he is today. I think the board should be reaching out to Livingston in the near future and asking this question. 

gettyimages-1242683788-2048x2048.jpg.458d2ed7eb5b6df333d16d462e5d3b4f.jpg

18 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

Right, who’s starting the crowd funding campaign?

I see via social media that the supporters club are having a farewell event for Bobby Linn this evening. That’s lovely to see. It’s only for their members which i unfortunately am not one. It would be great to see the club do something similar. 

Hope the lucky members have a wonderful night and send Bobby off with the best of wishes for his future. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Said to my mate this morning every signing we’ve announced so far has been up to gayf and in and around the place so wonder if that’s going to be the script going forward too.

In the announcement the club made the other week 

‘With the Scottish 2022/2023 still not over, the hard work started at Gayfield behind the scenes months ago as we look to build a new squad for our 5th season in the Scottish Championship.  

We will have many exciting announcements to come!’

It sounds like some things were maybe done months ago but waiting on getting guys up to Gayfield for signing photos etc. Obviously harder to do when guys have jobs and are not local.

First pre season game in 3 weeks I’m sure it’ll fly in 

The season isn’t technically over yet either. Partick and Ross County still have one game to play 

1 hour ago, smokie29 said:

bruce-forsyth-tv-times(1).gif.5795b2ded99c0e268224a0bdfcdbf7b5.gif.b466d83fcdff1326f6b33fd3b1c47bfe.gif

2 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I see via social media that the supporters club are having a farewell event for Bobby Linn this evening. That’s lovely to see. It’s only for their members which i unfortunately am not one. It would be great to see the club do something similar. 

Hope the lucky members have a wonderful night and send Bobby off with the best of wishes for his future. 

It should be a cracking night. We are taking memberships for the 2023/24 season. We hope to see many new members including yourself 

6 hours ago, smokie29 said:

Hahaha. Thanks to Livi loaning us Nouble we almost won the league. We didn’t make him - he made us.