The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Thinking of goalies I think Ricky Gomes is up there as one of the best left field signings Campbell has made. 

I think Hinchcliffe shades it but Gaston has been excellent overall. 

Then we benched Gomes for David Hutton...

9 hours ago, Raith Resident said:

He played for you on loan and you could never afford to sign him on a  3 year full time deal in a part time set up.your main aim is to stay up so cheer up sweetie  😘 

That conservatory *cough* money doing you well

For me this season gaston has probably proved he’s a better all round keeper than hinchy, as much as i loved hinchy I remember his kicking bring poor (not that gaston’s is brilliant) and he wasn’t great at crosses/corners.

56 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

For me this season gaston has probably proved he’s a better all round keeper than hinchy, as much as i loved hinchy I remember his kicking bring poor (not that gaston’s is brilliant) and he wasn’t great at crosses/corners.

Gats can launch the ball longer than most humans. A perfect Dick keeper. 

TASC MEMBERSHIP - 2023/24

Good morning Lichties. We are delighted to announce details and prices for joining TASC for the 2023/24 season. 

A membership entitles you to some great benefits

- Reduced prices for TASC run buses to away games
- Free entry into members only raffles
- POTY/New signing of the year voting privileges

Membership Prices
18 - 64 Year Olds - £20
12 - 17 Year Olds - £10
Under 12/Over 65 - FREE

Bus Prices
Over 12 Years Old - £15
Under 12 Years Old - £5
Non Members (All Ages) - £20

We at TASC can’t wait to get the new season started! Cmon Arbroath 🇱🇻

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Jack Hamilton signs 3 year contract with Raith - very good signing for RR.

Away to sign Josh Mullin from Ayr too. Who by all accounts was very good for Ayr and someone they wanted to retain after him leaving Livingston. They seem to have a bit of cash now with their new regime.

51 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Away to sign Josh Mullin from Ayr too. Who by all accounts was very good for Ayr and someone they wanted to retain after him leaving Livingston. They seem to have a bit of cash now with their new regime.

Conservatory by the gram

21 hours ago, Raith Resident said:

He played for you on loan and you could never afford to sign him on a  3 year full time deal in a part time set up.your main aim is to stay up so cheer up sweetie  😘 

Think we could afford him,  club awash with money just now, we probably have the smallest payroll , in a league where we were the 4th best supported this past season, but full time will always trump part time as a proposition, some player, don’t waste him, sweetie

Gordon Marshall, Craig Hinchcliffe and Derek Gaston have ALL been fantastic goalkeepers over the years.

Marshall played for us (and kept us up) in the TOP league in Scotland i.e. today's SPL, plus played for some top clubs like Newcastle United, Hearts and Hibs etc so he was a top class goalkeeper.

Hinchy like Gats played for us (and kept us up) in the Championship so the 2nd top league in Scotland, would probably say Hinchy was a better reaction save type of keeper but Gats was the more solid keeper. 

A very hard decision to make but all 3 GREAT Red Lichtie goalkeepers.

29 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Gordon Marshall, Craig Hinchcliffe and Derek Gaston have ALL been fantastic goalkeepers over the years.

Marshall played for us (and kept us up) in the TOP league in Scotland i.e. today's SPL, plus played for some top clubs like Newcastle United, Hearts and Hibs etc so he was a top class goalkeeper.

Hinchy like Gats played for us (and kept us up) in the Championship so the 2nd top league in Scotland, would probably say Hinchy was a better reaction save type of keeper but Gats was the more solid keeper. 

A very hard decision to make but all 3 GREAT Red Lichtie goalkeepers.

Good summary. I’m almost glad I started the debate.