The Arbroath Thread

21 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

This just totally sums up Dale Hilson. will run all day & give you 100% week in week out. But ultimately his finishing & composure just isn’t there. 

Tbh I don't think his finishing or composure was the issue, I can't think of many golden chances he has missed. It just seemed that he played all his football a million miles away from the goal and when in possession never had the quality or turn of pace to make an opportunity for himself to shoot.

28 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Tbh I don't think his finishing or composure was the issue, I can't think of many golden chances he has missed. It just seemed that he played all his football a million miles away from the goal and when in possession never had the quality or turn of pace to make an opportunity for himself to shoot.

Took his chances when he had the opportunity but just didn’t get into those positions enough. His goal agsinst QP in March was a beautiful finish and ended up kickstarting are wee bit of form 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_6822.jpeg

So we've kept 2 of our January signings?  That's two absolutely shocking transfer windows.  Not just the summer window, but the January one too.  Why do people seem to have faith that this time the management are going to magically get it right?  One of our new signings is only 21...is he going to get a game at our retirement home?  If he doesn't adapt immediately, no doubt he'll be thrown on the footballing scrapheap.  After an absolutely miserable season and two failed transfer windows, I have absolutely no faith in the management.  

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So we've kept 2 of our January signings?  That's two absolutely shocking transfer windows.  Not just the summer window, but the January one too.  Why do people seem to have faith that this time the management are going to magically get it right?  One of our new signings is only 21...is he going to get a game at our retirement home?  If he doesn't adapt immediately, no doubt he'll be thrown on the footballing scrapheap.  After an absolutely miserable season and two failed transfer windows, I have absolutely no faith in the management.  

If we kept the players you would be moaning exactly the same...and has it ever occurred to you that seasons 16/17-21/22 hold more weight than one season in 22/23 for people...incredible you have managed to get more hysterical when we aren't even playing. And just to remind you, it was you who thought Daniel Fosu was a good player and wanted "Kareem Isiaka" to get a run of games.

11 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

If we kept the players you would be moaning exactly the same...and has it ever occurred to you that seasons 16/17-21/22 hold more weight than one season in 22/23 for people...incredible you have managed to get more hysterical when we aren't even playing. And just to remind you, it was you who thought Daniel Fosu was a good player and wanted "Kareem Isiaka" to get a run of games.

I wanted him to get a chance, so we could see what he could do.  Is that wrong?  Just like I wanted to see what Shanks could do when given a chance.  Isiaka was given one start, in a game which Dick clearly threw, which was the low point of the season for me.  What is the point of signing players and then not giving them a chance?

And yes, I also thought that Fosu was fine.  He wasn't poor, he wasn't world beating.  

Alot of the players from down south don’t stick at clubs particularly long looks at how many clubs they’ve been at. It’s a job for them they need contracts to pay the bills. Get paid, get accommodation for free, play football move on. They’ll go where the offers / opportunities are use teams for a stepping stone to possibly something bigger if the moves successful. Remember Arbroath pay the accommodation too and if they aren’t very good why waste funds on them.

January window was about short term deals to stay in the league which we done just. Season past was shite yes but give it time see where we are when the group games kick off then when season starts. So far we’ve done well I feel 

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Oh for f**k sake you are one moany b*****d 

Please, I beg, give it a rest 

7 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Sorry to see Hilly away and hopefully Hetherington re-signs as i like him as a player.

Q- Hayshead2 to give the thumbs down (saddo) lol 36-0

We wouldnt put up a post about thanking Hetherington to then re-sign him. It seems he is going to Alloa

15 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Sorry to see Hilly away and hopefully Hetherington re-signs as i like him as a player.

Q- Hayshead2 to give the thumbs down (saddo) lol 36-0

Shut up Mr Fool. See previous post.

Edited by Hayshead2

On 25/05/2023 at 11:45, Fitbafan36 said:

Away from the ins and outs of the squad. Has anyone heard of the AFC stance on this conference League proposal? Would hope the club would be against it and the nonsense it would involve most Scottish clubs in. Would be good to see some SPFL club voices against it and not just Highland/Lowland league clubs and below. 

The proposal

• Creation of a 10-team Scottish Conference League consisting of four B Teams.
  • The first Season of the Scottish Conference League will be Season 2024/25.
  • Top two Highland League teams at the end of Season 2023/24 included.
  • Top four Lowland League teams at the end of Season 2023/24 included.
  • B Teams cannot be promoted or relegated from The Scottish Conference League.
  • The Scottish Conference League to be funded by a B Team participation fee: with six non-B teams receiving an estimated payment of around £40,000 each per annum.
  • Minimum five-year commitment required from B Teams.
  • Highest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will enter a promotion/relegation Play Off with SPFL Club 42 as per current model.
  • Lowest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will be relegated to the Highland or Lowland League, replaced by the winner of the Highland/Lowland League Champions Play Off.
  • Second-lowest placed non-B Team at the end of the Season will enter a promotion/relegation Play Off with the loser of the Highland/Lowland League Champions Play Off.
  • B Teams must include a minimum of seven Scotland eligible players in their starting XI, and their matchday squad must include no fewer than eleven Scotland eligible players.

This is absolutely awful on every level.  Surely we need to publicly oppose it?  There isn't a single good thing in it.  B teams in a pointless conference, a conference of 6 competitive teams, not even any automatic promotion or relegation.  

Edited by ExiledLichtie

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

This is absolutely awful on every level.  Surely we need to publicly oppose it?  There isn't a single good thing in it.  B teams in a pointless conference, a conference of 6 competitive teams, not even any automatic promotion or relegation.  

Get this nonsense into the sea 

On 25/05/2023 at 07:18, 1320Lichtie said:

He’s played 75 games in the last 2 seasons. 1 full season in League 1 and 1 full season in League 2 and by all accounts it sounds like he’s been very good.

Not similar to Paterson who had never played at any level aside from Bo’ness or Shanks who had one season in the Highland League, which Brechin have shown is absolutely jobbies and glorified junior teams for the most part.

Yer a grade A zoomer 

Brechin won the Highland League by winning 28 games scoring 101 goals

by comparison Celtic won the premiership by winning 32 games scoring 114 goals

so if anyone were to use your expert analysis, anything beneath Celtic is absolutely jobbies

PS Paterson was 21 on joining Arbroath & Shanks was 20 so hardly surprising they never played “at any level” 😂😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, 2002 Lichtie said:

Yer a grade A zoomer 

so if anyone were to use your expert analysis, anything beneath Celtic is absolutely jobbies

PS Paterson was 21 on joining Arbroath & Shanks was 20 so hardly surprising they never played “at any level” 😂😂😂😂

The highland league is absolute muck bar a few teams, Arbroath High School FPs would probably finish mid table 

45 minutes ago, 2002 Lichtie said:

Yer a grade A zoomer 

No because looking at the players playing for Brechin and the goals and wins they racked up shows how shite most of it is. Is there not teams over 100 goals plus in minus goal difference. 

Away and change your name to 2002 Blue Toon and enjoy following Peterhead now your pals away to them. His mates have embarrassed him on Twitter and on here now too so bit of advice, don’t start arguing with the clubs fans if things aren’t going well for him.

ETA - only one. Fort William must’ve been punted into some other teuchter league 

Edited by 1320Lichtie