The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

What is Goldie’s strongest position. 😂 And Scott Stewart’s strongest position would probably be wing back if we played with them. I think the options are a new RB or really coach Scottie as a RB. 

Well it ain’t as a first choice Championship level right back that’s for sure. Gold is the ultimate utility player and that’s how we should be using him as he can cover multiple positions well.

As for Stewart - again, he does a decent enough job filling in at right back and perhaps it is (or will be) his best position but that doesn’t mean he should be first choice there… yet. Personally I would rather he worked on his delivery and taking on defenders. If he can improve that then I think he’s a perfect attacking wide midfielder as well as making him a better wingback as and when.

We’re hoping for a (much) better team than the season just gone and that means (imo) that we need to strengthen in certain positions by bringing in players who play those positions already. Shoehorning midfielders into being first choice full backs isn’t a good idea imo.

Edited by Tattie36

Personally thought Banks was terrific. Can’t actually recall a winger beating him down the wing and those who went to the Queen’s Park away game will remember him making 2/3 last ditch tackles/ clearances which kept us in it. Would’ve liked him to stay but wouldn’t surprise me if he does well elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, mo83 said:

Hopefully it goes well!

Am sure Dick will have some more good players lined up.

Really hope it's the recruitment squad that are lining up players and not Dick given the abysmal signings he made last summer.

Hopefully get a right back and another left sided defender to cover if Hammy isn't fit for the start of the season.

I had high hopes for Scott Allen when he signed but now wouldn't be sorry to see him go, shame he wasn't able to show what he could do.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

5 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Really hope it's the recruitment squad that are lining up players and not Dick given the abysmal signings he made last summer.

Hopefully get a right back and another left sided defender to cover if Hammy isn't fit for the start of the season.

I had high hopes for Scott Allen when he signed but now wouldn't be sorry to see him go, shame he wasn't able to show what he could do.

Dick didn’t make them last year it was Pink

19 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Hammy won’t be fit until September at the earliest I believe 

5 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If that is the case, why wasn't this made clear on here before, when nearly every fan on this forum, has berated Dick for his summer recruitment failings.

Think it was made clear a few times throughout the season I’m sure Pink himself said it in the pre / start of season interview he done with Paul Reid last year before a ball was even kicked 

DC takes the blame cause he’s the gaffer and left it to him in fairness

Re Shanks I’m no overly arsed but reckon he will do well and play more at Peterhead so best of luck to the guy. Glad it clears a space up to be honest 

9 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If that is the case, why wasn't this made clear on here before, when nearly every fan on this forum, has berated Dick for his summer recruitment failings.

Pretty sure it’s been said in here before, pink admitted it in a Q&A also. end of the day dick the manager so it’s his responsibility one way or another 

Correct move for shanks. Good prospect there but I can’t see him getting much of a chance again. Dropping down a few levels gaining experience and getting plenty minutes will do him world of good. Think Peterhead will definitely be top end of table next season so hopefully he bangs a few in and does well.