The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

O'Hara/Todarov

I think both will want to stay Full time I reckon but could be wrong though and I reckon one might end up at a previous club I wouldn’t mind either of them at us but depending on there financial demands 

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You reckon? I thought el Mhanni, Banks and Adarkwa would be stick ons to stay?

Stick ons? I’m not sure if we would even want to keep Adarkwa seeing as he was basically out injured the whole time. El Mhanni was also quite hit and miss and can’t see us going all out for him. Him and El Mhanni would have to move country for another year minimum to continue playing for us too I think they’ll be looking for something closer to home. 

We would’ve been wanting to keep Banks I’m guessing but the above also applies to him and I’ve been told he’s definitely away too. 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

One has scored in the championship the other in league 2 son. Quite a stupid question 

Nae bather Dah!

We will see how this pans out but I think we have got the better deal.Younger striker,more of a threat in the box, faster, Poacher....The list is endless.😄

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Nae bather Dah!

We will see how this pans out but I think we have got the better deal.Younger striker,more of a threat in the box, faster, Poacher....The list is endless.😄

Mate Kane Hester is about to be 28 years old how can you actually say younger here? McIntosh is also very quick. 

McIntosh will probably suit us more than Hester would and I really doubt he’s going to be our main striker. He’s a good option. 

At the end of the day Montrose will be in League 1 again come the 2024/25 season so what’s it really matter 

29 minutes ago, Arbroathfcdaft1993 said:

Kinda gutted nathan austin has gone back to east fife that boy could easily play in championship lack of ambition from the lad oh well. Keep faith with dick and pink good signings so far long may that continue 😃😃

Austin is finished at this level. You've dodged a bullet there. 

On 11/05/2023 at 09:12, 1320Lichtie said:

Well that would have been my preference too when it seemed like it was never going to happen but now it seems like there is absolutely definitely something to it it’s worth discussing.

Also have to remember he has not played for us for 5 years and even when he was here he was never a regular.

Had 5 years playing regular football now.

I have felt and said similar things to you but taking the above into consideration and the fact that if he’d never been here before he would 100 percent be someone people would be talking about as worth taking a chance on. On paper one of the best part time strikers you could get.

"On paper one of the best part time strikers you could get" Few weeks have passed since that comment now your turning your nose up saying he wouldn't fit the way you play....Bizarre behaviour 1320. 

We were never going to pay 30k for a squad striker pretty simple. Kane himself will know he’s going to play much more at Montrose makes sense for all parties.

happy with mcintosh decent striker played this level and chipped in with 8 goals in a relegated side. He chips in with the same amount or gets double digits this season I’d be very happy with that as I think we will still sign another striker or two. 

6 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

We were never going to pay 30k for a squad striker pretty simple. Kane himself will know he’s going to play much more at Montrose makes sense for all parties.

happy with mcintosh decent striker played this level and chipped in with 8 goals in a relegated side. He chips in with the same amount or gets double digits this season I’d be very happy with that as I think we will still sign another striker or two. 

The money was on the table and you were willing to pay 25-30k whatever the fee was,Montrose,Arbroath and Peterhead all had bids accepted.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stick ons? I’m not sure if we would even want to keep Adarkwa seeing as he was basically out injured the whole time. El Mhanni was also quite hit and miss and can’t see us going all out for him. Him and El Mhanni would have to move country for another year minimum to continue playing for us too I think they’ll be looking for something closer to home. 

We would’ve been wanting to keep Banks I’m guessing but the above also applies to him and I’ve been told he’s definitely away too. 

We've been basically Adarkwa's rehab while he recovers from a major injury. Why wouldn't we take advantage of that?  I agree El Mhanni was hit and miss, I thought he wasn't used to the physicality of our league and game, but with experience and a close season, I'd expect better.  If they both want to stay, I'd happily keep them.

Banks, surely there shouldn't be any doubt about?  He slotted into our team like he'd been here for years, and given that our fans are apparently opposed to signing any defensive cover, surely we need to keep him!

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

The money was on the table and you were willing to pay 25-30k whatever the fee was,Montrose,Arbroath and Peterhead all had bids accepted.

You are right. Fee was agreed. £30k

Contract was agreed.

All came down to talk between the player and managers. game time crucial factor.

Montrose and Petrie offered more assurance over game time so he joined Montrose.

Glad he got his move and hope he does well. 

7 hours ago, mo83 said:

Well I’m glad we’ve no paid 30k for a squad player that money will go into someone’s wage. I like Kane so good luck to him 

7 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We've been basically Adarkwa's rehab while he recovers from a major injury. Why wouldn't we take advantage of that?  I agree El Mhanni was hit and miss, I thought he wasn't used to the physicality of our league and game, but with experience and a close season, I'd expect better.  If they both want to stay, I'd happily keep them.

Banks, surely there shouldn't be any doubt about?  He slotted into our team like he'd been here for years, and given that our fans are apparently opposed to signing any defensive cover, surely we need to keep him!

El Mhanni, Adwarka, Komolafe & Banks all away.

Good chance there will be more movement out of Gayfield today…..👀