The Arbroath Thread

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s not the cove striker I really wanted 

Tbf, neither of the Cove strikers were even on my radar, but don’t mind McIntosh

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Tell you what though I'd rather have Kane than Leighton McIntosh!!

38 minutes ago, Scorge said:

The biggest scoring goal prospect in the in the lower leagues right now versus someone who has just been relegated from the league you are trying to stay in? Time will tell, but that's a wild take even for a Smokie.....

I would’ve enjoyed seeing Kane come here and it would’ve been intriguing but I mentioned earlier this week I would not really be wanting to pay that much money for a guy that has never played in this division before. 

McIntosh got 9 goals for a struggling Cove side last year and you know exactly what you’re getting with him. It’s much less of a gamble for a start and I’m quite happy with how it’s turned out for us. McIntosh will be a good reliable squad player and should really suit us too. 

A sensible signing if you ask me. Maybe not the best but he knows the league and our club (3rd spell here). Can play up top or out on the right. Should be able to hold the ball up following the hoofball approach and I remember he used to have a decent touch. We are getting players in nice and early which is good. 

He obviously fancied the idea of wearing that new away kit. 🤣

12 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

A sensible signing if you ask me. Maybe not the best but he knows the league and our club (3rd spell here). Can play up top or out on the right. Should be able to hold the ball up following the hoofball approach and I remember he used to have a decent touch. We are getting players in nice and early which is good. 

He obviously fancied the idea of wearing that new away kit. 🤣

Decent take on the signing. I think I’m just struggling to assess a striker signing that I’ve actually heard of.

If the ITKs on here had given me the heads up it would have helped. Sharpen up eh! 

13 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Decent take on the signing. I think I’m just struggling to assess a striker signing that I’ve actually heard of.

If the ITKs on here had given me the heads up it would have helped. Sharpen up eh! 

I bet that sounded really funny in your head didn’t it? 

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

The biggest scoring goal prospect in the in the lower leagues right now versus someone who has just been relegated from the league you are trying to stay in? Time will tell, but that's a wild take even for a Smokie.....

Whats Matty Yates got to do with the Kane Hester v Leighton McIntosh debate?

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

I'm sorry, the what?

He finished 4th top scorer in League Two ffs and he's older than 2 of the top 3.

Relatively happy with Leighton. Liked him before and also quite liked how he said he wanted to play at the highest level possible, shows a bit ambition.

We’re basically going to have a whole new forward line so hopeful of another striker and a wide player of some sort.  

mcvdo.thumb.png.67fe7e62628fa1fd1fdc04c9a19c6aa5.png

McIntosh seems a good fit? Played similarly with Cove to how Dowds played for you, just slightly worse on the ground and better in the air.

Won't be doing much passing stuff but, and this will sound more insulting than I mean it, does that really matter for a Dick Campbell side? Looks like he'll be rough and tumble, and give defenders a long afternoon, so aye, seems a smart punt.

Some folk turned their nose up at mcallister in january, turned their nose up at hester and now aren’t happy with mcintosh, are the same folk expecting us to sign jack hamilton or nouble like?

Like most have said I liked mcintosh when he was here, proven at this level and a decent all round striker.

Was initially underwhelmed but the more I think about it, the more I think it’s a good enough signing.

A physical, no frills striker is what we’ve been missing so if he can chip in with 8-10 goals for the season then it’s already a big improvement.

Hopefully another goal scorer and a winger to come and would like to see Shanks given a chance again too.

Edited by Tattie36

Happy with the signing of McIntosh, experienced player at all levels in Scotland scored a few goals and has pace.

Sure he also has decent a goalscoring record against us as well for his other clubs, he scored a good goal for Cove Rangers against us in the 1-1 draw up there this season.

Now if we can get in a Dowds or O'Hara/Todarov and keep Shanks then that seems a decent strikers option.