The Arbroath Thread

New kits are horrible (ok, home is passable, just) Why so busy with patterned shit everywhere?

Keep it simple - nice dark, plain maroon like Hearts seem to do well.

Having said that, it’s not aimed at me and the kids will probably love them.

Edited by Tattie36

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Those are both absolutely honking, and not particularly distinct. Which would you wear to avoid clashing away at Airdrie or Hamilton, for example? 

Relegation kits. Book it. 

Its one of my pet hates.  Clubs with away kits the same colour as their home kits, and now we've fallen for it.  I guess this means we'll be launching another third kit.  Sigh.  No need for a kit launch every year!

Just now, lichtie23 said:

I think it’s now clear why Bobby has left……he didn’t want to wear that away kit 

I was just about to post the exact same thing - (Bobby Linn, pen in hand) “hey Bobby can you just put the new kit on for the publicity photos after?” (Bobby sees kits) “f**k that, I’ve changed my mind”.

By releasing a new kit each season, they are hoping for fans (especially parents of the younger fans) to buy them just because its a new kit. The quality of the kits has declined by quite a bit with this supplier compared to last one. 

Didnt see any issue with running the same kit for 2 seasons and alternating years which kit got upgraded.

That new home top isn't great, but the away one is genuinely mind bogglingly horrible.

Does not fill me with confidence at all that Macron will get it right for us this time, last season was a bit disappointing too.

37 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Its one of my pet hates.  Clubs with away kits the same colour as their home kits, and now we've fallen for it.  I guess this means we'll be launching another third kit.  Sigh.  No need for a kit launch every year!

I disagree, the believe the away kit should be the reverse of the home, but that away kit is awful, should be a two season minimum on all kits