The Arbroath Thread

The only time I've really seen Slater play was that cup game at the tail end of 2021. There was a few players that stood out for Forfar, Slater was the only one that stood out for a positive reason. (Anyone else remember the left back for them that day? 😄)

3 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

The only time I've really seen Slater play was that cup game at the tail end of 2021. There was a few players that stood out for Forfar, Slater was the only one that stood out for a positive reason. (Anyone else remember the left back for them that day? 😄)

Not even looked but the big man called Hussain or something. Atrocious 

48 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Only seen him once live and it was in 2022 at Station Park against Kelty in the league cup. I came away from the ground thinking what is that guy doing playing in L2. Text my mate who is a scout for Airdrie and he was fully aware of him and had held him in high regard for the lower leagues.  Looked composed on the ball, swivels on a sixpence, nice range of passing and was keen to get forward. Think I posted on the QP thread the same night asking for their opinion and what went wrong, they said injuries blighted him as you read above.

Definitely was playing lower than his level. Interested to see how he does back in tier 2

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Seems like part time football has suited Slater’s body and he’s thriving which is nice to see. Stood out like a sore thumb in his limited appearances for QP, just unfortunate he was constantly injured. Glad he’s playing regularly nowadays, easily a championship level player. 

Brilliant. Hopefully more of the same to follow and we stay well clear of the Isthmian leagues and MLS conference 3 Tier 2 South West division or whatever. 

13 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Yousef Hussain

must be there version of Deri Corfe 

Signing a central midfielder comes as a big shock! 

Seriously though seems like the correct kind of signing. Someone that has experience and had played at this level before going part time. These have been the signings that usually work the best for us. 

Yeah, Slater is great, technically very sound and can chip in with goals. Downside is he's not a physical player, but clever enough that's not a huge issue. Good number 8 or 10. He did have some slight injury worries this season passed and came off in the first half a few times, but no repeat of his major injuries with us. 

Never went to our cup game but Yusuf Hussain is up there with our worst ever

34 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for some kind of squad update so we know where we are at.

I think there will probably be an update when everything is resolved, there may be a few players still mulling over contract offers / talking to other teams. No point in doing anything half arsed. It is all a bit hazy though, I guess we will find out soon.

4 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I think there will probably be an update when everything is resolved, there may be a few players still mulling over contract offers / talking to other teams. No point in doing anything half arsed. It is all a bit hazy though, I guess we will find out soon.

Think every club that has released information, 15 or so as I write has put out lists with players who are away and players who are still currently in talks and been offered terms. 

But agree with what you’re saying. 

In Hetherington news, below is from the Daily Record - would like to see him here to be honest 

Alloa Athletic are pushing to re-sign Steven Hetherington after his release by Falkirk.

The Wasps want to sign the midfielder who had a seven year spell at Recreation Park before he moved to the Bairns in 2021.

The 30-year-old, who started his senior career at Motherwell, is currently considering his options after he left the Bairns earlier this month.

Boss Brian Rice is looking to convince Hetherington to return to Alloa.

Rice is looking to add to his squad after his injury-hit team lost out in the play-offs for the Championship to Hamilton

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In Hetherington news, below is from the Daily Record - would like to see him here to be honest 

Alloa Athletic are pushing to re-sign Steven Hetherington after his release by Falkirk.

The Wasps want to sign the midfielder who had a seven year spell at Recreation Park before he moved to the Bairns in 2021.

The 30-year-old, who started his senior career at Motherwell, is currently considering his options after he left the Bairns earlier this month.

Boss Brian Rice is looking to convince Hetherington to return to Alloa.

Rice is looking to add to his squad after his injury-hit team lost out in the play-offs for the Championship to Hamilton

They can have him if we can have Sammon 

9 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

New deal for Keaghan Jacobs. Was either injured or underwhelming last season, let's hope in a better team he can contribute more but not holding my breath. 

Absolutely bewildered by this decision, a complete waste of a wage this season