The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Have I had a stroke or have I just seen Kane Hester likened to Ian Rush? 

READ the post correctly - Now i am not trying to say Kane Hester is as good as Ian Rush i am saying they are a similar type of forward but a good few levels apart

All i am saying is they are both out and out strikers and penalty box goalscorers BUT OBVIOUSLY MANY LEVELS apart standard wise.

All about opinions and i would have Hester back on board at Gayfield BUT not as my no 1 striker i would take O'Hara or Dowds before him but i think he would be great as part of our squad.

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

READ the post correctly - Now i am not trying to say Kane Hester is as good as Ian Rush i am saying they are a similar type of forward but a good few levels apart

All i am saying is they are both out and out strikers and penalty box goalscorers BUT OBVIOUSLY MANY LEVELS apart standard wise.

All about opinions and i would have Hester back on board at Gayfield BUT not as my no 1 striker i would take O'Hara or Dowds before him but i think he would be great as part of our squad.

So you are comparing Hester to Rush then 

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Stop being a total walloper you keyboard warrior as everybody is entitled to an opinion.

If you want to discuss further please get in touch.

🤣 you keyboard warrior you 😂

What a class act Kris Doolan is and i liked his attitude to playing football "we will always be on the front foot and will never defend a lead".

Liked him as a player at the Red Lichties (albeit sadly at the end of his career) and met him a few times and he is a top bloke.

Please sell Dowds to us.

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

A trip to Airdrie or Hamilton next season. It’s like being asked if you want shot or stabbed. 

Yes, know what you mean but will take Hamilton any day over these union fuckers plus a decent boozer five minute walk from the ground.

46 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Yes, know what you mean but will take Hamilton any day over these union fuckers plus a decent boozer five minute walk from the ground.

If they come up I want a Make Arbroath Great Again flag 

United away could replace a very good away day in Dundee and give us another 2 games with 4/5k 

Falkirk got an absolute hiding today, so called big club… in regards to the other part time teams in the country, Alloa beat FIVE -2 by Hamilton. Our other closest part time challengers bottom of the league and relegated.

We are by far and away the best part time club in the country it’s not even close. In regards to absolutely everything, stadium, crowds, infrastructure, set up, professionalism etc etc etc. Nobody comes close. Effectively a full time club operating as a part time football operation just now. Not just this year either, obviously things have progressed from last year but even last year and the 3 years previous our board have been great and our crowds have too. 

Dick love him or have your reservations about him is a massive reason for that. He’s transformed this club and he’s due so much credit for that. 

Heard a lot of promising things about who we are targeting for next year so let’s hope it’s much more enjoyable and successful. Come on the Broath.

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Is this no a fitba forum? politics forum for this s***e

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Falkirk got an absolute hiding today, so called big club… in regards to the other part time teams in the country, Alloa beat FIVE -2 by Hamilton. Our other closest part time challengers bottom of the league and relegated.

We are by far and away the best part time club in the country it’s not even close. In regards to absolutely everything, stadium, crowds, infrastructure, set up, professionalism etc etc etc. Nobody comes close. Effectively a full time club operating as a part time football operation just now. Not just this year either, obviously things have progressed from last year but even last year and the 3 years previous our board have been great and our crowds have too. 

Dick love him or have your reservations about him is a massive reason for that. He’s transformed this club and he’s due so much credit for that. 

Heard a lot of promising things about who we are targeting for next year so let’s hope it’s much more enjoyable and successful. Come on the Broath.

Yes, i've managed to erase the name of the manager who nearly had us in the highland league. It's been a fantastic seven years.