The Arbroath Thread

I’m really scunnered after yesterdays result and have the fear about next Friday already. As soon as Thistle took the lead yesterday I knew that was game over for us. We have zero attacking threat. If it wasn’t for Gaston this season we would already be long gone. 

Fingers crossed for a point on Friday then we can forget all about this shit show of a season 

Fully expect an absolute mental line on Friday, Bistondou to start and players to play out of position,

If Gold and Dow are available then I'd probably have them in, 

If not I'd have 

Gaston

Banks   Little  ToB  hetherington

Mckenna  Balde

Stewart        Allan          Linn

Hilson

If Dow is fit I'd have in for Allan and Gold for Hilson and try Mckenna up front, Hilson has done ok but has shown in last few games he isn't the answer, And yeh I know Mckennas best position isn't up from but he is better than the others we have,

No doubt the back 4 will be all over the shop though, Banks left back, Hetherington who has done well at left back on the wing and Bitsondou in the middle because he is big, 

13 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

everyone else that was there (apart from you), even our normally deluded manager think that we were hopeless and that Partick were by far the better team.

If you had watched the actual match you would have noticed that there was virtually nothing between the two teams for the first 60 mins - this might not fit in with your narrative of events, but the match highlights will confirm that there was very little between the teams for the opening 60 mins.

Also, lets be clear, both teams put in a poor shift, neither team played well - but in the final 30 mins Thistle outplayed Arbroath, but they were hardly outstanding - we never looked like scoring, but for large parts of the game Thistle were just as poor - it was a dull match with neither team playing much attractive football.

Based on the final 30 mins Thistle were worthy winners - but until then there was little between the two teams - you might not like hearing this, but I can assure you that Thistle were just as bad as Arbroath ( until they raised their game in the 2nd half and took some of their chances).

The match highlights will confirm the above - both teams struggled to play much football and it made for dire viewing.

8 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

If you had watched the actual match you would have noticed that there was virtually nothing between the two teams for the first 60 mins - this might not fit in with your narrative of events, but the match highlights will confirm that there was very little between the teams for the opening 60 mins.

Also, lets be clear, both teams put in a poor shift, neither team played well - but in the final 30 mins Thistle outplayed Arbroath, but they were hardly outstanding - we never looked like scoring, but for large parts of the game Thistle were just as poor - it was a dull match with neither team playing much attractive football.

Based on the final 30 mins Thistle were worthy winners - but until then there was little between the two teams - you might not like hearing this, but I can assure you that Thistle were just as bad as Arbroath ( until they raised their game in the 2nd half and took some of their chances).

The match highlights will confirm the above - both teams struggled to play much football and it made for dire viewing.

Agree with you, not much in it. Only difference we can't score goals. There again we are never set up to score, defence our priority.

16 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Measured stuff isn’t gonna gain a lot of traction on here sadly.
This season has been largely terrible and down to poor recruitment. Hopefully we can get away with it on Friday night. Pretty unsatisfactory but it’s where we are. 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

He made a difference when he came on. I'd start him v Hamilton, can do no worse than some others.

Not convinced. He made some good passes into dangerous areas but we had no one to capitalise. He also got caught in possession nearly leading to a Partick goal. He’s clearly a quality player but imo not the man for Friday’s clash which is likely to be gritty.

Anyone who thinks we were competitive in that game is an absolute fantasist. Between this place and the clubs social media it’s sickening the amount of people who are giving the management team a free pass even though this campaign had been a total disaster of their making. 

3 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Fully expect an absolute mental line on Friday, Bistondou to start and players to play out of position,

If not I'd have 

Gaston

Mckenna  Balde

Hilson

If Dow is fit I'd have in for Allan and Gold for Hilson and try Mckenna up front, Hilson has done ok but has shown in last few games he isn't the answer, And yeh I know Mckennas best position isn't up from but he is better than the others we have,

No doubt the back 4 will be all over the shop though, Banks left back, Hetherington who has done well at left back on the wing and Bitsondou in the middle because he is big, 

I like that starting 11

2 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Anyone who thinks we were competitive in that game is an absolute fantasist. Between this place and the clubs social media it’s sickening the amount of people who are giving the management team a free pass even though this campaign had been a total disaster of their making. 

Struggling to see any free passes, everybody acknowledges the signings have been largely poor. How could they not? 

24 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Dread to think what sort of signings we are going to make this summer.

I’m not dreading it, just hoping / expecting them to be better. Failure to learn from this season would be a game changer. No unknown lads would be a start. Anyway Friday etc to go through first. 

7 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

If not I'd have 

Gaston

Mckenna  Balde

Hilson

McKenna completely wasted that far back, he needs to be further forward 

I also didn’t think there was that much between the teams yesterday with the key/critical proviso that they could threaten to score and did whereas we carried limited threat which changes the whole equation. We had quite a few corners and forced their keeper into 2 good saves yet looked like we didn’t really know how to open them up.  Once we fell behind, we committed more forward so it made them look more expansive.   They had more in reserve and could bring on strikers as subs. We don’t enjoy such luxury.

it’s all gone too negative on here.  We’ve somehow dragged ourselves out of certain relegation to have a more than decent chance of survival….  despite having scored notably fewer than anyone, and thanks to grinding out all these draws.  Fairly good turnout of supporters 250? yesterday but far too quiet.  The home support was noisy and showed how to get behind their team.  We’ll need to up our game on the terraces to make a difference on Friday