The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

We are where we deserve to be, 

100% percent. Have been far too cautious all season. You can’t draw your way to safety although that’s exactly how we’ll setup tomorrow.

Next Friday is going to be torture.  Expect Accies to shit fest as usual and Dick will setup not to lose like he did v Cove. Yes a point will be enough but feck me it’s going to be a horrific 90 minutes.

Unless we pick up something tomorrow of course.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

100% percent. Have been far too cautious all season. You can’t draw your way to safety although that’s exactly how we’ll setup tomorrow.

Next Friday is going to be torture.  Expect Accies to shit fest as usual and Dick will setup not to lose like he did v Cove. Yes a point will be enough but feck me it’s going to be a horrific 90 minutes.

Unless we pick up something tomorrow of course.

But lets not forget the key lesson from this season.  Too many "luxury" creative players.  Better to get rid of them and bring in some more solid grafters to shore up our lightweight midfield.  Apparently.

24 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yes but can see us losing both. Who would have thought this a week ago?

Cove have found a system that works and will play the same way v Morton next Friday.

Cove getting 0-0 vs Morton means we are safe. They need to win.

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Cove getting 0-0 vs Morton means we are safe. They need to win.

Yes but if Morton lose tomorrow then they have nothing to play for and I could easily see Cove beating them.

We only have ourselves to blame - the fewest wins and goals in a season is normally enough to see a team relegated.

Still much rather take our position than any of the other two. Cove HAVE to beat Morton. We need ONE POINT from Hamilton at home and Thistle away. Cannot believe how that game went last night, Cove camped in their own box and Dundee could hardly put a good ball in the box. 

This is probably going to come down to the very last day now, that’ll be a weird game too because Hamilton now have to really try and come and win at Gayfield so it’ll maybe help us.  

I have absolutely hated this season. Hopefully we can somehow do the business today but I’ve not got much hope. Next week really has to be the game and hopefully we have learned a lesson from Cove last week.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

We’re going to chuck this aren’t we?

3 games to get 1 point and we haven’t even scored a goal yet.

2 players who haven't been near the team in weeks start out if no where, completely different defence ,no attacking threat, no changes at half tike when it was clear we needed change,

100% relying on Morton to take something from Cove because we can't get the job done ourself 

Only positive at the moment with Morton still getting a chance of the playoff on the last day is they won’t down tools at Cove. Not going to be a easy one for you guys at against Hamilton though.