The Arbroath Thread

10 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

This 🇱🇻🔥⚽

Scott Allan is an incredible player and one we are very lucky to have, His talent and ability speak for itself and I just think as mentioned above too many things have went against him this season that have been out of his control and I fully expect to see the best of him next season, Mind he signed a 2 year deal so next season will be the one to properly judge him. Get a brilliant pre season behind him and our priority has to be strengthening the forward line and I am sure it will all come together.

The foundation of a DC team has always been built around a solid defense and a hard working team that battles and gets stuck in for 90 minutes but still with enough quality and creative flair players to excite in the forward areas which sadly we haven’t had this season but I am fully confident that will have learned from this seasons mistakes and have that fully addressed for next season 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Tbf, considering the money we have allegedly thrown at Allan, would have been better, shredding the money, then setting fire to it, at least you would have gotten a heat from it, wrong player for this season, if a mutual parting of the way, can be negotiated, good luck to him

44 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf we’ve needed an awful lot of all kinds of different players this season 

Looking forward to the clear out 

Another "clear out"?  Really?  How many clear outs will it take before people accept that its not the players that are the problem?

44 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

The type of player Miko is/was - a tough tackling midfielder who can move the ball on to a more gifted partner is exactly what we have needed this season. Middle of the park has been as soft as shit.

The type of player he was in his first stint - absolutely.

I was very excited when he re-signed for us but he was a shadow of his former self.

He’s been very poor whenever I’ve seen him for Accies or Cove… if he can even get on the pitch… and I know their fans don’t rate him.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Another "clear out"?  Really?  How many clear outs will it take before people accept that its not the players that are the problem?

"How many clear outs" what are you even on about 😂 amazing you have the nerve to call others lunatics 

25 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well most of the players will be leaving to move home or because it’s the end of their loans so it’s happening either way

Would move Jacobs, Allan and Patterson on

Olusanya, Bitsindou, Tait loans ended 

Adarkwa, El Mhanni and Banks more than likely return south 

So there’s 9 players for a start. Leaving, assuming Hetherington stays and Bobby retires 

Gaston

Gill

ToB

Little

Hamilton

Stewart

Dow

Balde

Gold 

McKenna

Hetherington

Hilson

Shanks

And gonna wrap it with that pish. Was it DC alone and not the players that lead to the 6 incredibly successful seasons before this one? 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

23 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well most of the players will be leaving to move home or because it’s the end of their loans so it’s happening either way

Would move Jacobs, Allan and Patterson on

Olusanya, Bitsindou, Tait loans ended 

Adarkwa, El Mhanni and Banks more than likely return south 

So there’s 9 players for a start. Leaving, assuming Hetherington stays and Bobby retires 

Gaston

Gill

ToB

Little

Hamilton

Stewart

Dow

Balde

Gold 

McKenna

Hetherington

Hilson

Shanks

And gonna wrap it with that pish. Was it DC alone and not the players that lead to the 6 incredibly successful seasons before this one? 

Why would Bobby be retiring?

IMO the issue here is DC has not played Bobby enough and next season (I know he would be another year older but Bobby is a fit lad) i would be giving Bobby another yea r deal as what a player to have in your squad.

Another 2 players i would like to see us keep are El Mhanni (another player not used enough by DC) and Banks.

A Dowds/Big Hamilton type striker is a "must" and a Nicky Low type midfielder as well.

Anyway that is for next season lets get a result to stay in this league come the end of a "not great" season.

IMO normally staying up is a major achievement but because of last season's style/excitement/position it has probably made this season worse than it actually was.  

The loans will go back, would keep Banks,  El Mhanni and Adwarka (if he can get fit) so might not be a huge clear out, same as most seasons and other teams, 4 or 5 out and 4 or 5 coming in. 

The rumours about Bobby retiring must have some substance. Would imagine every part time team would want him if he is available even at his age.

Adarkwa has been good when fit but after listening to his interview I dunno how much football we are going to be able to get out of him. Not sure about El Mhanni, certainly gifted but very lightweight and not sure he has the pace to compensate for it.

44 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The loans will go back, would keep Banks,  El Mhanni and Adwarka (if he can get fit) so might not be a huge clear out, same as most seasons and other teams, 4 or 5 out and 4 or 5 coming in. 

The rumours about Bobby retiring must have some substance. Would imagine every part time team would want him if he is available even at his age.

I can see a Lochee United master class next season, 364 goals in a season or something ridiculous. 

If they want to stay I would keep them (Banks/El Mhanni and Adarkwa) but I do have massive concerns re Adarkwa’s injury issues. He’s barely played, been brilliant at times when he has but we really have needed him and he’s not been available. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’d definitely keep Banks. I’m on the fence about Adarkwa but I’m not a fan of El-Mhanni. He had 1 great performance on his debut but hasn’t shown anything like that since. 

Just my opinion of course 

I agree. I think Banks is a big reason for our defence tightening up since the new year. Not as good a football player as Oakley but solid and does the basics very well. Probably an upgrade on JT too due to his age and mobility.

Not bothered about any of the others. I don’t really get the fuss over Adarkwa, he’s never looked anything special the times I’ve seen him.

It’s very stark when you look at the attacking options we had last season - Nouble, Linn, McKenna, Wighton, Dowds, Hilson and even Donnelly. This late stage of the season and we’re relying on Hilson - says it all. Highest scorers last season to lowest this season.

Hopefully today is the day and in 5 hours time we can relax, forget about this shitshow of a season and look forward to next year, possibly with the bonus of being able to relegate Hamilton next week. That would be pleasing after the way their fans were our first away game there this year…

Mon the fuckin Dee.

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Do we only need a point 

Yes but can see us losing both. Who would have thought this a week ago?

Cove have found a system that works and will play the same way v Morton next Friday.

Edited by Tattie36