The Arbroath Thread

11 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I would keep him.  Why would we let him go?  He has got to have more of a role next season!  The way we play has nearly got us relegated.  We need a calmer presence in the midfield.  Since coming back into contention, his cameos have shown us what we are missing.  

Honestly not arsed, the guys got all the talent in the world but I just don’t know if it will ever work here and that’s down to the way we play but also the fact that he’s not willing to adapt. Which is fair enough. If Allan could run around and get stuck in like David Gold does he’d be playing every week it’s as simple as that. If he stays then great and if he does go then will wish him well. 

Also hope Partick Thistle go up. Dowds surely would not feature. Would love to see us give Dowds a right good offer. 

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Nono, that will never work.  Apparently we need to suck all the remaining creativity out of our squad, and to replace them with more grafters and some big men to chase long balls.  Excellent stuff.

Have you considered the possibility that we get rid of Allan and replace him with a creative player who can also do some of the dirty stuff?We are strongly linked with one of those from DD8!

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes please

19 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

A popular player for the Lichties. Not worked out at Firhill?

He comes on for the last 15-20 minutes games and we usually only play Brian Graham as a striker. He scored a few in the first quarter of the season, and injured for much of the third. He hasn't done anything since November though and Danny Mullen (who is out of contract) pretty much does the same thing. We'll need a Graham replacement but it's probably not Dowds.

Scott Allan doesn’t need a dowds or a Hamilton type striker. He’s game is playing nice slide balls in behind defenders for strikers to run on to. So the striker would be to be pacey and and intelligent. Scott Allan will not she’ll balls long head/chest high just not his game. 

as I said best for all parties to go there own way cause dick will absolutely sign a bigger physical striker. 

im all for dowds or hammy to come back. Get Allan away and throw money at them 

5 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Scott Allan doesn’t need a dowds or a Hamilton type striker. He’s game is playing nice slide balls in behind defenders for strikers to run on to. So the striker would be to be pacey and and intelligent. Scott Allan will not she’ll balls long head/chest high just not his game. 

as I said best for all parties to go there own way cause dick will absolutely sign a bigger physical striker. 

im all for dowds or hammy to come back. Get Allan away and throw money at them 

Thought you meant Chris Hammy then I realised 

On that note if Hamilton go down I wouldn’t mind Scott Martin back 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thought you meant Chris Hammy then I realised 

On that note if Hamilton go down I wouldn’t mind Scott Martin back 

Scott Martin is a great shout although I could see him staying put. Wonder if Miko Virtanen is worth trying to fix...the 19/20 version of him would be a great addition. 

Chris Hammy and Jack Hamilton probably not a chance but if Thistle went up and Hamilton went down could maybe get Dowds or Martin. Martin canna be on that big a wage at Accies surely, although only 26 and probably like to stay FT. Dowds supposedly a baw hair away from signing a PCA with us before Thistle signed him

The chances of getting either of the Hamiltons is non existent imo. Dowds might not be so ridiculous as he’s massively out of favour at Partick and it could give him a chance to kick start his career again with a 1 year deal at us. Give him a chance to play his way to a full time contract somewhere. Martin might do similar.

Wouldn’t touch Virtanen with a very long barge pole. He’s been poor since his first season with us and if Cove and Accies fans think he’s crap then why would we want him?

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

The chances of getting either of the Hamiltons is non existent imo. Dowds might not be so ridiculous as he’s massively out of favour at Partick and it could give him a chance to kick start his career again with a 1 year deal at us. Give him a chance to play his way to a full time contract somewhere. Martin might do similar.

Wouldn’t touch Virtanen with a very long barge pole. He’s been poor since his first season with us and if Cove and Accies fans think he’s crap then why would we want him?

Yeah I'd agree with you on Miko. He's not good enough for the Championship.

I really hope Hartley see's sense and doesn't offer him a contract at Cove next season. He would be 4th choice behind Yule, Fyvie and Scully and therefore wouldn't get any game time. Arbroath should be able to attract a high Calibre of player than he.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah I'd agree with you on Miko. He's not good enough for the Championship.

I really hope Hartley see's sense and doesn't offer him a contract at Cove next season. He would be 4th choice behind Yule, Fyvie and Scully and therefore wouldn't get any game time. Arbroath should be able to attract a high Claire of player than he.

Yeah, not the kind of player we need. Arbroath fans are still influenced by how well he played for us in his first spell when he was really good.

Not sure about signing someone called Claire but she would probably be better than some of the players we’ve had this season 😉😆

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, not the kind of player we need. Arbroath fans are still influenced by how well he played for us in his first spell when he was really good.

Not sure about signing someone called Claire but she would probably be better than some of the players we’ve had this season 😉😆

And most of ours to be honest!

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

The type of player Miko is/was - a tough tackling midfielder who can move the ball on to a more gifted partner is exactly what we have needed this season. Middle of the park has been as soft as shit.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

The type of player Miko is/was - a tough tackling midfielder who can move the ball on to a more gifted partner is exactly what we have needed this season. Middle of the park has been as soft as shit.

Tbf we’ve needed an awful lot of all kinds of different players this season 

Looking forward to the clear out