The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It is the ARBROATH thread mate. f**k me man. 

Why you saying "f**k me man" you're no 15.

Btw Craig Slater good signing! You have also got another signed up on PCA from a League 1 club 😉

That was grim.  Its all very well battling away against "footballing sides", and we saw against Ayr, QP, and Dundee that when a team thinks they are Barcelona reincarnated, we can beat them, but we always struggle against more defensive sides.  I blame the players more than the management for that particular bottle job yesterday, but generally, we do struggle at home when we are expected to attack more, and we've struggled against the basement teams.  That's tactical and on the management.

Its a shame, because it was some turnout yesterday, and it was brilliant to be able to move around and see others change ends.

4 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Cheers. Hoped the club wouldve cleared that up at the time rather than the vague “Adarkwa misses out” comments in the lineup 🙄

I only heard it on the smokies and wine podcast. It’s obviously an incredibly hard thing for him, someone breaking their back is extremely unusual. Has been a massive miss. Guy looks a right good player when he’s at it and suits us as a team perfectly.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I only heard it on the smokies and wine podcast. It’s obviously an incredibly hard thing for him, someone breaking their back is extremely unusual. Has been a massive miss. Guy looks a right good player when he’s at it and suits us as a team perfectly.

I like having him starting and Hilson coming off the bench against tiring teams.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Jesus. Never knew he actually broke his back. 

33 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Anyone else here wondering what the f**k is up with adarkwa? Boy seems like our only bit of attacking strength when he signs and now he’s missed out the last 4 games? 

Sick Note

Think any chat of dick going is fanciful- sounds very much like we are signing players for next season so will be them in charge. Yesterday was a disgrace, the second half especially wound me right up. 2500 punters paying in and Gaston is taking half an hour to take each goal kick, I do not care if a draw might have kept us up that is not the kind of football that brings people back to gayfield. We should have finished our season off yesterday and had the feet up for the last 2 games but instead we tried to play for a draw, a tactic that rarely if ever works. Pissed off. 

Unlike Cove yesterday, we simply didn’t have the attacking players to take the game to them in the latter stages. A draw was beginning to look like a good result.
Dick needs to really improve our final third if we’re to have any chance next season. 

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Unlike Cove yesterday, we simply didn’t have the attacking players to take the game to them in the latter stages. A draw was beginning to look like a good result.
Dick needs to really improve our final third if we’re to have any chance next season. 

Agree and the few chances we had we squandered. Mckenna sitter in the second half, dow(?) miss in the first half both come to mind. We were unlucky on a few occasions mind you: Hilson lob, ToB header etc. But at this stage of the season luck shouldnt decide the outcome of your games

Trying to forget all about yesterday. 

Moving on to Partick I don’t know what to expect. I hope to god we dont set up like we did yesterday.  A point is obviously enough to secure our safety but it’s brutal to watch 

We won't set up any differently at Partick, 

15 draws says it all, we never ever look like winning games, 6 wins all season is awful 

Can't see Cove getting anything at  Dundee but stranger things have happened, I never expected us to win there, 

At the end of the season if we stay in the league we have been massively lucky and massive changes are needed for next year 

I’ve a feeling all 3 teams are going to end up on 33 points and we’ll stay up on goal difference.

No matter how anyone spins it, this has been a dreadful season. My worry is that the management have learned nothing (still don’t know how to play against teams setup defensively) and we’ll get more of the same next season. It looks like a stronger league next season too so it’s unlikely there’ll be teams as bad as Accies, Cove or us. Also can’t imagine any team shitting the bed like Cove did in getting rid of McIntyre.

Big changes needed.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’ve a feeling all 3 teams are going to end up on 33 points and we’ll stay up on goal difference.

No matter how anyone spins it, this has been a dreadful season. My worry is that the management have learned nothing (still don’t know how to play against teams setup defensively) and we’ll get more of the same next season. It looks like a stronger league next season too so it’s unlikely there’ll be teams as bad as Accies, Cove or us. Also can’t imagine any team shitting the bed like Cove did in getting rid of McIntyre.

Big changes needed.

Even just a change in attitude and how the team sets up and the shape we are far too content at just kicking it up. We have better players than that, the midfield needs sorted. When Goldie joined he was anything but that but even him yesterday it is just a hook over the top. Tam and Ricky never have their foot on the ball, the teams always so close together and there’s no space. We are so narrow too. It’s a whole lot of things that need sorted out. We are great off the ball and at being robust and hard to beat but we need to do so much better with it, we surrender possession far too easily 

Edited by 1320Lichtie