The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Queen’s Park seem to have capitulated, I can see a Hamilton win tonight 

My mate said this to me but there’s no real logic in that seeing as Hamilton have been much worse than QP ever have been for much longer. A Hamilton win would be a freak result 

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Queen’s Park seem to have capitulated, I can see a Hamilton win tonight 

Hopefully they kick start again tonight. They are the best team Iv seen us play this season, and that includes premier league sides St Mirren & Motherwell

7 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

No Simon Murray no party. I’m praying QP pull themselves together and beat Accies. Anyway, it would be great to see QP in the Premier League.  

Murray massive loss for them what a player the guy is, seems like a great lad too. Hopefully has another spell here before he hangs up his boots. 

100 percent wouldn’t be shocked if Hamilton won but QP got to be the big favourites tonight. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

My mate said this to me but there’s no real logic in that seeing as Hamilton have been much worse than QP ever have been for much longer. A Hamilton win would be a freak result 

They won at Raith last week, beat Raith in the final. We won at QP and they’re on a bad run. It wouldn’t be a freak result for me. We just have to take care of ourselves, 2 wins just about does it 

Very grateful for cove and hamilton being absolutely shite and for gaston being superb this season otherwise we’d be dead and buried by now.

3 out of our last 4 games are against teams around us and if we dont stay up now we dont deserve to. Hopefully it doesn’t come to it but our superior goal difference could come in very handy.

Edited by afc_36_0

35 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Very grateful for cove and hamilton being absolutely shite and for gaston being superb this season otherwise we’d be dead and buried by now.

3 out of our last 4 games are against teams around us and if we dont stay up now we dont deserve to. Hopefully it doesn’t come to it but our superior goal difference could come in very handy.

Spot on. We have, by far, the easiest run-in out of the 3 relegation candidates. That, combined with our wee points cushion, means there are no excuses if we go down.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

They won at Raith last week, beat Raith in the final. We won at QP and they’re on a bad run. It wouldn’t be a freak result for me. We just have to take care of ourselves, 2 wins just about does it 

Maybe not however they 2 wins are in amongst a - 

2-0 defeat at Morton

1-1 draw with Cove

7-0 defeat at Dundee 

2-0 defeat by Ayr

0-0 draw with 10 man Arbroath

1-4 defeat by Queens Park

They had some good results pre the Queens Park game but that’s a good while ago now. Queens Park been excellent most of the season, actually think they looked really good against us to be honest. We seem to have knocked a wee bit out of them right enough but they’re big favourites for this game tonight 

Last sentence you are absolutely spot on though either way can’t let tonight affect us too much tomorrow but it would sub consciously be a huge boost going into it surely. Suppose a Hamilton win would have the opposite effect too. 

Let’s just keep the fingers crossed 

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Spot on. We have, by far, the easiest run-in out of the 3 relegation candidates. That, combined with our wee points cushion, means there are no excuses if we go down.

It’s an extra point. I would love a situation where a win next Saturday would do the deed. Think we’d get close to 3k at Gayfield for it 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s an extra point. I would love a situation where a win next Saturday would do the deed. Think we’d get close to 3k at Gayfield for it 

With about 14 cove supporters.

Club MUST listen to the supporters and put a small travelling support on the stand and give the home support the rest of the ground 

26 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Club MUST listen to the supporters and put a small travelling support on the stand and give the home support the rest of the ground 

Spot on mate ⚽🇱🇻🔥 For both Cove & Hamilton we should be getting the full ground and making all the noise, Would be a massive boost to the players and give us that extra advantage 

30 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

100%
I sometimes think we’re too nice as a club, especially when you consider the crappy bits of their grounds that some other teams give to away support.

Give then the usual away allocation in the stand, the section of terracing up to the corner flag if absolutely necessary, can’t see them bringing more than 50-60 so the stand is way more than adequate.

19 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Make sure we beat Cove and Hamilton. Should be more than enough to stay up. Simples.

The ideal scenario is going into that last game 3 points ahead so all we’d need to do is avoid losing 6.0 or something similar. Despite us being better than Hamilton I wouldn’t want to go into that last game having to get something. You’re one mistake or a bad decision from being in the play offs, f**k that 

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The ideal scenario is going into that last game 3 points ahead so all we’d need to do is avoid losing 6.0 or something similar. Despite us being better than Hamilton I wouldn’t want to go into that last game having to get something. You’re one mistake or a bad decision from being in the play offs, f**k that 

I know what you mean but surely the ideal scenario is to put this to bed long before the last game. We could be all but safe by 5:50 on Saturday or by 9:45 on Tuesday.

Would much rather that than taking it to the last day. We know how stodgy Accies can be against us.

The last few games I’ve felt that Dick knows his best starting eleven for the first time this season. Hetherington in for Hammy has been fairly seamless. If Adarkwa is fit and able to alternate with Hilson then I feel we have enough to see this season out. The playoffs give me the fear looking at the likely opposition. I’d love to avoid them.

All in our hands.

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I know what you mean but surely the ideal scenario is to put this to bed long before the last game. We could be all but safe by 5:50 on Saturday or by 9:45 on Tuesday.

Would much rather that than taking it to the last day. We know how stodgy Accies can be against us.

Obviously but things never work out as easy as that 

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

100%
I sometimes think we’re too nice as a club, especially when you consider the crappy bits of their grounds that some other teams give to away support.

Give then the usual away allocation in the stand, the section of terracing up to the corner flag if absolutely necessary, can’t see them bringing more than 50-60 so the stand is way more than adequate.

I agree with this. We see it with the way they stick that big BBC platform on the terrace. We've always been too nice.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Nice thought but won’t happen. Club will say it’s down to policing/stewarding and leave it as is