The Arbroath Thread

I know there’s been plenty of noise about the poor recruitment but watching that game last night in Falkirk I cannot believe how little Dick involved Liam Henderson last year. Guy is a proper player and we let him walk out the door. Anyone could see he was a terrific option at CB/LB/ CM  but played at LW to the bemusement of all of us. Always thought he looked like he could be a key player to build around for us but hey I’m not the manager 

1 hour ago, Fitbafan36 said:

I know there’s been plenty of noise about the poor recruitment but watching that game last night in Falkirk I cannot believe how little Dick involved Liam Henderson last year. Guy is a proper player and we let him walk out the door. Anyone could see he was a terrific option at CB/LB/ CM  but played at LW to the bemusement of all of us. Always thought he looked like he could be a key player to build around for us but hey I’m not the manager 

Always thought he was a very good player. The problem was though that he wanted full-time football so it was inevitable that he would leave us.

However, when you look at the “quality” of some of the guys we have/have had this season who are reportedly essentially full-time then you have to wonder why we couldn’t have tried to secure him (and C Hamilton) on similar contracts.

Edited by Tattie36

Ian said at one of the Q&AS that we did everything we could to keep Hamilton and Henderson but they both wanted to be full time. I was surprised championship teams didn’t have a look at both players. Henderson would’ve been good this season but he couldn’t get a run in the team consistently because Low and Hamilton were so good. 

Good to see him Doing well 

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Always thought he was a very good player. The problem was though that he wanted full-time football so it was inevitable that he would leave us.

However, when you look at the “quality” of some of the guys we have/have had this season who are reportedly essentially full-time then you have to wonder why we couldn’t have tried to secure him (and C Hamilton) on similar contracts.

Because no player who has the chance to go to an actual full time team will pick our half-baked, tinpot model instead. 

13 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

If we are involved in the play offs I can't see us beating Falkirk - we simply don't have any fire power up front, it's been this way since the start of the season.

Our defence and midfield is look good - it's the lack of creativity upfront which is costing us points.

Exactly my thinking. Falkirk score more than 2 goals a game on average and there’s no reason they won’t score that against us. We just don’t have the capability to score enough goals to make me feel confident of beating any team that is prolific up front.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I thinK it’s due to the BBC putting the presenters there. 

Possibly but they have a designated media area and a gantry. Surely BBC can't just demand areas of the ground are closed off for them. 

We need any advantage we can get at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Possibly but they have a designated media area and a gantry. Surely BBC can't just demand areas of the ground are closed off for them. 

Totally agree. If Morton didn’t sell many tickets we should have put them in the stand and we had behind both goals. Just as Ayr done agsinst us on our last visit to Somerset 

30 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Yup, massive own goal from the club.

19 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

If only there was a section of the ground that was shut off to both sets of supporters already, say in a corner or something with a full view of the park. Oh wait 

Correct, could have easily put the BBC pundits in front of the media porticabin, with segregation from both to keep them safe from the pies being launched.

Just now, Fitbafan36 said:

Has the standard been great? No obviously not. But need the fans to stick with the team here. Big 45 ahead. Vocally Getting on the lads backs like the first half isn’t going to help at all. When you’re on the touch line back the guys! 

Pretty difficult to back a team with zero fight in it