The Arbroath Thread

19 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

There'll be a few here interested in the Kane Hester court case. Some very interesting reading today and really clarifies why no-one higher up the leagues has signed him.

I would be surprised if he escapes a very lengthy ban, or worse, as it looks like he has no way of escaping a guilty verdict - admitting guilt on camera to the police is pretty damning.

Got a link?

20 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

For those interested, Hester not proven at court today. Newspaper article says the SFA can still ban him, though.

Think they probably will

Whilst Hester has not been found guilty of any criminal offence, he is still subject to the SFA's disciplinary rules.

Disciplinary Rule 71 – No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

He took the £2500 for being booked, even though the Fiscal couldn't prove that he deliberately got himself booked to "earn" it. That leaves a nasty taste, which I'm pretty sure the SFA will not condone.

On 10/03/2023 at 21:39, lichtie23 said:

QP do is a favour tonight. We HAVE to start winning though. 

If we win the last 9 games we will avoid relegation and if pigs could fly my mother-in-law would be a wing commander.

We need to score goals to win games. 24 goals in 27 games, less than a goal a game doesn't make great reading. I very much doubt that  we will suddenly start scoring lots of goals this late in the season, the team is never set up to be an attacking team.

Realistically, looking at the remaining games, I can't see us taking more than 10 points in total from them so relegation is looming large.

I very much hope I'm wrong but the management have been making so many mistakes all season that I have no faith in their ability to keep us in the Championship.

33 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Now that Hester is not guilty what’s the over/under of posters wanting him signed? Il say 3.5

I’d suggest that if he escapes completely scott free i.e. no ban from the SFA, then there’ll be a fairly long queue of teams looking to sign him.

Ok his goals are in L2 but with the current dearth of goal scoring talent in Scotland, a 30+ goal striker can’t be ignored.

I didn’t used to be but I’m now firmly in the “try to sign him” camp.

Worth noting his goals have come against teams like Bonnyrigg Rose and Albion Rovers, there is a huge jump in class between the two leagues.

That said he is better than some of the "strikers" we have seen this season. I think Hester is playing at the right level, possibly could do a job in league 1

34 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Anyone who thinks we’re winning a playoff needs to put down the crack pipe.

That's a strong side Falkirk have to be honest. McGlynn's turned them right round like many expected he would.

Decent goal threat, tricky wingers and high on confidence. Undoubtedly have players that could play Championship. 

With a semi final run or more ahead they'll have money to spend next season, not coming up to just make up the numbers either