The Arbroath Thread

12 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Not sure much blame can be put on the players yesterday - only a select few. Doesn't help when the referee assigned for the game played for the other team for 6 years 🫣

0A8EE646-7A79-41E4-A7C6-2F3F993DA0C3.jpeg🤣🤣

🤣🤣...Good first post!

5 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

I can’t say, and it’s not for the first time this season, I thought the subs made any sense at all. Linn obviously huge for us but to bring him on for Yasin when he’d been looking our biggest threat after that run was odd. We also got a lot of joy down the right when Stewart came on but it was crying out for that 10/15 minutes earlier cause Dow (who played well) was knackered.

Yasin was absolutely knackered too thought he was lucky to still be on at that point of his brilliant run cause he’d been poor. 

they way the game panned out we needed ball carriers on the park. Surprised it took so long to bring Stewart and linn on. Dow played very well mind you. 

On 04/03/2023 at 21:29, lichtgilphead said:

To be pedantic, we only need to match Cove & Hamilton's results in their other games if we beat them both at the Gayf.

Aye because we have been amazing at home.

Watching it back I thought Yassin did quite well, carried us up the park on a few occasions and got in narrow to our shape when they had the ball,  think we changed him at the right time but probably would've stuck Stewart on for Dow at the same time.  Bobby looked very dangerous when he came on, even when that diddy Komolafe kept running into his space. Stewart wasnt on for long but he wasted possession a few times.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Pleasantly surprised that Ricky's appeal has been successful. I thought they would've stuck with the ref.

I’m astonished! But delighted 

Maybe they think Napier is a useless c**t as well 

Extremely surprised by that even though it’s the correct decision. I thought the powers that be would have backed the ref.

I wonder what that ref on our Facebook page (and all his ref mates) think of that as they all agreed that it was a straight red. I suppose it just confirms that our refs are hopeless.

30 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Extremely surprised by that even though it’s the correct decision. I thought the powers that be would have backed the ref.

I wonder what that ref on our Facebook page (and all his ref mates) think of that as they all agreed that it was a straight red. I suppose it just confirms that our refs are hopeless.

Please ask them. It would be interesting to know. 

Not surprised In the slightest, it was a shocking decision that could cost us badly. Played 71 minutes with 10 men in a huge game. Hopefully Napier isn’t given a game of that magnitude again, totally out his depth 

1 positive is we will have Ricky next week

37 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Maybe the SFA should be paying Ricky's wages for that week - the ref's decision arguably stopped us from collecting all 3 points.

Also, how about the ref getting punished with a 3 game ban.

Are you saying the referee needs to eat “humble pie”? 

Im sure you’ve still got plenty left 

There'll be a few here interested in the Kane Hester court case. Some very interesting reading today and really clarifies why no-one higher up the leagues has signed him.

I would be surprised if he escapes a very lengthy ban, or worse, as it looks like he has no way of escaping a guilty verdict - admitting guilt on camera to the police is pretty damning.