The Arbroath Thread

Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Arbroath - New Date

Tuesday 11th April, 7.45pm kick off.

Our match away to Inverness Caledonian Thistle which was due to be played on Saturday 11th March but was postponed due to their involvement in the Scottish Cup will now be played on Tuesday 11th April, with a 7.45pm kick off.

SPFL Championship - Game 28 - Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Arbroath - Tickets.jpg

I said it on the match thread but how anyone can say that the attacking options we’ve brought in are better than what we had knows zip about football. They are fucking terrible. Olusanya should try fitba boots instead of ice skates and Komolafe is hilariously atrocious.

Adarkwa looks marginally the best of the 3 but he’s pretty crap too.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I feel like I want to go through my old posts calling for Isiaka to at least get a chance, and also defending Fosu.  I thought Komolafe looked pretty lively actually, but I would still have kept Shanks and given him and Isiaka more chances.  

I agree with this post but seriously Komolafe looked worse than terrible tonight. I would have Shanks, Fosu, Hilson, or even Donnelly over him any day.

I never want to see Komolafe play for us again. A terrible footballer. On the other hand every other player - even Olusanya played their hearts out tonight. McKenna was first class as was TOB. Hetherington and Balde great. Yasin was great going forward and defending. Hammy excellent at CB (not so much at LB)? Etc etc. Bobby made a difference of course. A point we’ll won but not enough. 

I don’t usually criticise referees but he was terrible. 

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Olusanya should be punted back to St Mirren tonight. 

That’s a weird take. He worked his socks off tonight. The ref seemed to have decided he was a diver and gave him nothing but he was kicked a lot. 

7 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

That’s a weird take. He worked his socks off tonight. The ref seemed to have decided he was a diver and gave him nothing but he was kicked a lot. 

That’s because he is a diver

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s because he is a diver

100%

If you’re an obvious diver then be prepared to get 0 decisions your way, even if merited. As I said earlier, He could have had his legs snapped in half in the box and we wouldn’t have got a penalty.

His (and Dick’s) behaviour did us absolutely no favours tonight.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

100%

If you’re an obvious diver then be prepared to get 0 decisions your way, even if merited. As I said earlier, He could have had his legs snapped in half in the box and we wouldn’t have got a penalty.

His (and Dick’s) behaviour did us absolutely no favours tonight.

I wouldn't mind him being a diver if he was any good at it, but its just embarrassing.