The Arbroath Thread

39 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m going to sound like a killjoy here but that drum at Gayfield needs burst or chucked in the sea. Leaving the game deaf in one ear and with a thumping headache I’d not ideal. I think it’s great that so many young kids want to support their local side and that attendances are up but I really wish they would dump the drum. 

You’ve just documented the day you got old. 

43 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m going to sound like a killjoy here but that drum at Gayfield needs burst or chucked in the sea. Leaving the game deaf in one ear and with a thumping headache I’d not ideal. I think it’s great that so many young kids want to support their local side and that attendances are up but I really wish they would dump the drum. 

Totally disagree - as an old timer supporter, it’s tremendous to hear this amount of noise and accompanying vocal support throughout the game.  Getting back to real crowds and chants last heard maybe in the 70s and adding a positive vibe which must help the players. I’d be happy to see additional instrumentation added - it all adds to the sense of ‘occasion’.  I would suggest attending a game is not the place to nurture a delicate state of health.  Without them too many of the ‘mature’ section of the crowd are just too quiet or reactive which means too much sombre silence..  More needed, much more

Edited by farflung lichtie

43 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Im With you. It’s making my experience of Gayfield worse. I also seen them causing some bother with the stewards yesterday 

Killjoy. Good to finally hear some noise in the ground. Personally doesn’t affect me standing in the seaside stand but that’s my choice if it bothers you that much don’t stand beside them. Or if they get there own area at one side of the enclosure perhaps club will surely be willing to keep them coming and keep everyone happy 

The drums the least of our problems,

1 win and 8 goals in 13 goals is more of a worry, 

We had a wee bit of pressure buy not near enough for a team that's meant to be fighting to stay in the league, 

Adarkwa and/or Hilson should of been brought on yesterday in place of komolafe, 

Jeezo. I know the drum is loud but it’s great to have a bit of atmosphere at Gayfield so I’m all for it.

I’ve stood behind the goals for 45 years but it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Granted, I stand more towards the sea end behind the goals but I would just move a bit if they decided to stand next to me.

Atmosphere at the fitba!! Whatever next??

More power to them.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv stood behind the goal for 20 years 

Silently?

As others have said, nice to have some atmosphere!  Much as I love our stadium, as supports go, we aren't anything special.  Despite our numbers being higher, I feel like we have less chants and songs than we did 20 years ago.

Now pyro, that can f**k right off.  Its fine on special occasions, occasionally, and thankfully Gayfield hasnt succumbed too badly, but since covid, it feels like I've watched every sporting event through a haze of smoke.

7 hours ago, Gayf78 said:

In my opinion hetherington was MOTM yesterday in his actual position, which makes it all the more baffling as to why dick has decided to play him left midfield the last few games

Where have you been the past 3 years? You should know by now Dick loves playing players at LW/LM who are not a LW/LM.

7 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Hetherington getting better and better, really like the look of him. Folk need to settle down on the drum, anyone not liking it, just stand away from it 

Have to say, was not a fan of the drum, but am warming to it

i just can’t believe, as appalling as we have been at times this season, we could still stay up