The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

But maybe a regular starting place in the Championship not on the left wing would have given him a springboard for a better move. 

Imagine how many draws we could've turned into wins by playing an actual left winger...how many points did we lose the league by again? 

Edited by Lichtie78

22 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

But maybe a regular starting place in the Championship not on the left wing would have given him a springboard for a better move. 

Not sure I am following you, he was on a one year deal and chose to go full time, if he played in his correct position which was probably left centre back we would have then dropped our captain and arguably the best player in the league last year. 

On 09/02/2023 at 14:32, Smokerson said:

Not sure I am following you, he was on a one year deal and chose to go full time, if he played in his correct position which was probably left centre back we would have then dropped our captain and arguably the best player in the league last year. 

It's all academic now as he left.  But what I mean is that he was a real prospect for us in defence.  Ricky, TOB and Hammy are all over 30 and as we've seen this year their impeccable form every week wasn't going to last.  In my view Henderson was at least as good a defensive midfielder as Chris Hamilton - probably better as he can actually pass the ball - and he was OUR player.  Wee Chris was always going to be off somewhere.  Henderson should also have had some games at left back.  But I know suggesting Hammy is ever dropped will get me pilloried on here.  In my view the boy has talent and we should have been thinking of the future.  That is not Dick's style, I know.

1 hour ago, Blablabla said:

Just been on bought my ticket for nxt wk, fair play to Cove reducing ticket prices, let's get Balmoral rocking 🇱🇻

If that awful temporary stand behind the goal started rocking I'd be getting the f**k out of there pretty quickly ;) 

58 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Up to us now. They players better be up for it. The support have been let down so many times this season. 

No excuses, they owe the support for the unbelievable backing they have had all season, 

Gaston 

Banks  Little  Tob Hammy

Hetherington Balde

Stewart  Mckenna El-mhanni 

Adarkwa 

Fully expected to see Bitsondou, Dow  Olusanya or Komolafe starting though, 

3 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

No excuses, they owe the support for the unbelievable backing they have had all season, 

Gaston 

Banks  Little  Tob Hammy

Hetherington Balde

Stewart  Mckenna El-mhanni 

Adarkwa 

Fully expected to see Bitsondou, Dow  Olusanya or Komolafe starting though, 

This is the exact same team I would play. Chances of it are slim to none though I imagine

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

Hamilton looking like the form team in the relegation dog fight. Cove maybe now the weakest. The jury is out on our return to form. It all makes for a nerve wracking run in. Next Saturday will be massive. We need to win and get some momentum. C’mon the Lichties.

Agree that Hamilton look the strongest. Saturday will tell us where we are in the pecking order. Yes Cove have had some dreadful results but the away win at Partick shows that they’re still capable of pulling a good result out of their arse.

Feels like a season defining game for both of us.

21 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Agree that Hamilton look the strongest. Saturday will tell us where we are in the pecking order. Yes Cove have had some dreadful results but the away win at Partick shows that they’re still capable of pulling a good result out of their arse.

Feels like a season defining game for both of us.

It 100% is. If we lose on Saturday, I think we will finish bottom. 

Hamilton’s win against Thistle and draw against Dundee we’re both against the run of play - press reports on these games suggest that Hamilton were very fortunate to get anything from these games - I am not convinced they have found their form, more like some good luck and fortune, rather than playing good football.

This Saturday, hopefully all players will be played in their strongest positions, the time for testing players positions and formations is over - hopefully no more wholesale substitutions either, changing 3 players at a time has not worked and needs binned.

Could be around 1000 Arbroath fans travelling through, maybe more - would be a great time to find our form.

Looking forward to the match.