The Arbroath Thread

14 minutes ago, Gayf78 said:

It's absolutely not in our own hands at all

Your comments are totally wrong - it is still 100% in Arbroath's hands.

If we win more games than Hamilton we will not finish bottom and if we win the plays offs we won't get relegated - it is still very much in Arbroath's hands.

4 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

If we win more games than Hamilton we will not finish bottom and if we win the plays offs we won't get relegated - it is still very much in Arbroath's hands.

I was referring to that the fact he said we would finish at least 8th which is not in our own hands

4 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

What is it like being consistently wrong  Clashy? 

Humble Pie brag - Wrong

13 games left in the season - Wrong

Safety is in our hands - Wrong

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

A lot of people thinking they have a crystal ball here, nobody knows how it will pan out, its ok to remain positive and have a belief, as it is being negative, critical and doom and gloom. A lot of football to be played.

There is remaining positive and then the absolute fantasy stuff such as “We are far superior than Cove and Hamilton” 

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Cove have dropped their prices for the remainder of the season to try and get larger crowds. I’d like to see is try and do something similar for the very important run in of home games 

I agree. Some season ticket holders might complain (I won't) but stuff them, we need all the support we can get.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

I agree. Some season ticket holders might complain (I won't) but stuff them, we need all the support we can get.

All Cove season ticket holders are being offered a £25 voucher to spend on official club merchandise or on club catering or can be used towards a season ticket for 2023/2024.

Didn't expect this. Would have been happy just getting more bodies in the ground, increasing the atmosphere and hoping some might come back 

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

All Cove season ticket holders are being offered a £25 voucher to spend on official club merchandise or on club catering or can be used towards a season ticket for 2023/2024.

Didn't expect this. Would have been happy just getting more bodies in the ground, increasing the atmosphere and hoping some might come back 

That's a really great idea. I would probably have turned down any kind of refund but if it's to be spent on club merchandise tehn it's a win-win.

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I would rather we dropped prices when we were looking good and winning games, people might come back then!

Great in theory but that approach might put people off buying season tickets. I would only see the price drop as a one-off for our current situation.

9 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Excellent? Craigen? Are you being serious.

Please enlighten me on the “excellent” performances he gave us.

Got stuck in, played in numerous positions, scored crucial goals (2 goals in the much needed win at Gayfield against Ayr Utd) got the opener to put us in front at Killie, was one of the few AFC players not scared to shoot from distance when given a chance and also loved playing for the Red Lichties and loved the fans and was a good "team" player = excellent squad player imo..

Saturday's game v the Lino Sniffers was frustrating to say the least.

I said to other Red Lichtie fans beside me that we needed at least 2 goals to take into the 2nd half, but again we seemed scared to have a shot from distance.

I have no idea when we were 1-0 up we needed to make THREE subs and within a few minutes it was 1-1, maybe make 1 sub but 3 at once especially new players just causes confusion.   

Also between now and the end of the season we have to go into games looking to WIN games and not try and sneak a point so he has to play at least one of our most creative players who sets up chances and are also goal threats so he has to start either Sir Bobby Linn or the impressive Yasin Ben El-Mhanni. 

I still think we have the squad to stay up but the Cove game is a MUST WIN to kick us on for the rest of the season so we have to go for it as there will be at least 1,000 Red Lichtie fans there. 

Keep The Faith, C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

13 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Got stuck in, played in numerous positions, scored crucial goals (2 goals in the much needed win at Gayfield against Ayr Utd) got the opener to put us in front at Killie, was one of the few AFC players not scared to shoot from distance when given a chance and also loved playing for the Red Lichties and loved the fans and was a good "team" player = excellent squad player imo..

So a few goals and a some shots on goal. 

Get him in the Hall of Fame