The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

2 players who weren’t good for us. What’s to be worried about? 

Really?

Ok Craigen wasn’t the best player in the world but he was solid, dependable, very versatile, always gave his all and rarely had a poor game. An excellent squad player.

Henderson has been a big miss for us this season imo.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really?

Ok Craigen wasn’t the best player in the world but he was solid, dependable, very versatile, always gave his all and rarely had a poor game. An excellent squad player.

Where would Henderson have played for us? Decent player but think he wanted to go full time 

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Really?

I was absolutely gutted we lost Henderson.  Quite frankly, we should have moved heaven and earth to keep him.  Imagine, a player able to play full back, able to play centre back (especially relevant considering our centre back problems early in the season), and also good in defensive midfield.

I would go as far to say that losing him was our biggest setback.  If we'd had Henderson, I am fully confident that this mess would not have been nearly as bad.

Anyone giving it the "not good enough" chat shouldn't be allowed to run a bath or peel vegetables unsupervised.

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I was absolutely gutted we lost Henderson.  Quite frankly, we should have moved heaven and earth to keep him.  Imagine, a player able to play full back, able to play centre back (especially relevant considering our centre back problems early in the season), and also good in defensive midfield.

I would go as far to say that losing him was our biggest setback.  If we'd had Henderson, I am fully confident that this mess would not have been nearly as bad.

Anyone giving it the "not good enough" chat shouldn't be allowed to run a bath or peel vegetables unsupervised.

He was good enough but he wanted to full time. 

5 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Where would Henderson have played for us? Decent player but think he wanted to go full time 

Henderson would've played plenty tbf with how often tam and Ricky were unavailable. Also think he would've been better than any of our defensive midfield options this season, however I think you are right in saying it was always his intention to go back full time.

11 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

2 players who weren’t good for us. What’s to be worried about? 

Disagree, i thought Craigen was an excellent player for us and always gave 100% and chipped in with a couple of important goals as well and Henderson was also a quality player but he was unfortunate that we also have Ricky and TOB but he would have been ideal in centre midfield this season but as others have said he wanted to leave to go full-time. 

9 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Losing Henderson is not the reason we are where we are. That’s a wild thing to say. 

I thought both Henderson and Craigan did reasonably well for us but neither managed to be a regular. To be bringing these two up at this point in the season seems a bit like the Kane Hester thing. We have a good squad of players now, its up to the manager to pick the right 11, play the right system, get the best out the group and get enough points to get 8th.

At the very least we will finish 8th, I am very  confident and sure of that, In every single aspect we are far more superior than both Cove & Hamilton and on our day more than a match for ANY team in this league. Our squad, our stadium, our fanbase, our community spirit, Our history,  Literally everything is so much better ⚽🇱🇻🔥 So let’s not lose sight of that 

As has been said a million times before we were in dreamland last year with the squad we had, injury & suspension free and the whole of the uk backing us, It was complete fantasy football. We were 10 minutes away from being a Premiership team, Unreal

A combination of that heartbreak, the players not getting enough time to recover then losing vital and amazing key players and replacing them with absolute dog shite is why we are in the mess we are, IMO we should not have lost the players we did and the ones that had to leave we would have known well beforehand so should have  been ahead of the game as I reckon we only needed 2-3 more quality replacements at that time, The whole disaster summer was an incredible shambles and mistakes were made but we move on now, The injury’s and suspensions have not been so kind either and it looks like at times this season our luck has expired- Example Raith on Saturday  imo were absolute pish, We weren’t much better (2nd half anyway) At no point was I worried then out of nowhere they virtually score 2 worldies in the last quarter and win the game 🤬 Last season Browns volley would have ended up in the sea and that header Gaston would have caught it lol

12 games to go now and 36 to play for with destiny in our own hands and a squad now to be proud of after a super January market, We battle we fight we survive, Reset, Get the long rest the players deserve and we go again next season 💪 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Losing Henderson is not the reason we are where we are. That’s a wild thing to say. 

I'm not saying its *the* reason, but I think our problems wouldnt have been as bad if we had him.  Is that really so wild?

At the start of the season, when our centre backs were not fully fit, imagine if we were able to drop a competent centre back in, someone who was integrated with the team, to give Ricky Little a few games to recover from his injury, rather than having to rush him back half fit.

After that, when we were missing a defensive midfielder, imagine we were able to bring Henderson back in, a position he played a fair amount last season, to sit in front of that defence.  

I think he'd be first choice right through this season, and I don't think our problems would have been as severe.  He made 34 appearances for us last season, all over the pitch.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

I thought both Henderson and Craigan did reasonably well for us but neither managed to be a regular. To be bringing these two up at this point in the season seems a bit like the Kane Hester thing. We have a good squad of players now, its up to the manager to pick the right 11, play the right system, get the best out the group and get enough points to get 8th.

Its only being brought up because some said these players weren't good enough for us.

12 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

At the very least we will finish 8th, I am very  confident and sure of that, In every single aspect we are far more superior than both Cove & Hamilton and on our day more than a match for ANY team in this league. Our squad, our stadium, our fanbase, our community spirit, Our history,  Literally everything is so much better ⚽🇱🇻🔥 So let’s not lose sight of that 

As has been said a million times before we were in dreamland last year with the squad we had, injury & suspension free and the whole of the uk backing us, It was complete fantasy football. We were 10 minutes away from being a Premiership team, Unreal

A combination of that heartbreak, the players not getting enough time to recover then losing vital and amazing key players and replacing them with absolute dog shite is why we are in the mess we are, IMO we should not have lost the players we did and the ones that had to leave we would have known well beforehand so should have  been ahead of the game as I reckon we only needed 2-3 more quality replacements at that time, The whole disaster summer was an incredible shambles and mistakes were made but we move on now, The injury’s and suspensions have not been so kind either and it looks like at times this season our luck has expired- Example Raith on Saturday  imo were absolute pish, We weren’t much better (2nd half anyway) At no point was I worried then out of nowhere they virtually score 2 worldies in the last quarter and win the game 🤬 Last season Browns volley would have ended up in the sea and that header Gaston would have caught it lol

12 games to go now and 36 to play for with destiny in our own hands and a squad now to be proud of after a super January market, We battle we fight we survive, Reset, Get the long rest the players deserve and we go again next season 💪 

A lot of this is birthday card pish. To say we are far better than Cove & Hamilton is just blatant lies.

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

It's absolutely not in our own hands at all, if cove win their game in hand they go 7 points ahead of us and we only have them left to play twice.

I have no idea what you have been watching all season but it must be with severely maroon tinted glasses on as we have been awful all season and the only team i have seen this season that have been worse than us have been Hamilton and they seem to be coming into a bit of form and have pulled a string of results together, something we haven't been able to do all season.

I think realistically the best we can finish is 9th with it looking increasingly likely that it could be 10th. Yes we could potentially finish 8th but we would need a severe upturn in form and need cove to go on a loosing run. The last 2 home games of the season against cove and hamilton could be massive and ultimately determine our season.

4 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Disagree, i thought Craigen was an excellent player for us and always gave 100% and chipped in with a couple of important goals as well and Henderson was also a quality player but he was unfortunate that we also have Ricky and TOB but he would have been ideal in centre midfield this season but as others have said he wanted to leave to go full-time. 

Excellent? Craigen? Are you being serious.

Please enlighten me on the “excellent” performances he gave us.