The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Does that mean we’ll be in the main stand again? Not appealing.

I’d hope not but going by comments Iv seen on social media there won’t be many Lichties travelling after the shitshow last time. If it is indeed a small crowd I’d imagine the main stand is exactly where we will be 

Last hamilton away game was my boys first away day and I left early because I genuinely feared for their safety due to the utterly embarrassing and aggressive behaviour of their supporters. Certainly wont be back if we’re all in the same stand.

Feel this could be the day you overtake us. We're still signing, defensively look vulnerable and have no consistency in formation or selection. Will take time for us to be a team rather than 11 lads thrown on the pitch in hope.

Can't make our game at Thistle today so instead I'll be at Gayfield to watch you play Rovers 

I have nothing but praise for the signings this window. Another young, powerful striker into the squad can only be positive.

With a free Saturday next week I wonder if Dick is trying to sign enough players for a full 11 aside selection game?

Edited by timlichtie

The January transfer window has been very impressive.

We now have a full squad which we can rotate to cover for injuries, suspensions, loss of form and competition for the starting 11 - this is as good as we could have hoped for.

The long term quality players we have at the club have now been assisted with these new signings and things should click into place soon.

Scott Allan returning will also bolster the mid-field options and help provide quality service for the strikers.

This has been a very good January window - the battle to stay in the Championship is now underway.

Right, I’ll get in first.

Can someone, anyone please show me how we’ve meaningfully improved since the start of the season?

Use stats if you like.

This is pretty much exactly how it’s gone all season with a few more goals being the only real difference.

Good win/result followed by garbage.

One other thing I’ll add is - the support has been unbelievable all season, over 2k again today. We deserve so much more than this for fucks sake. 

Edited by Tattie36

We have gone from a team that could pass teams off the park and have resolute defending and graft to see our games

to a team that lacks any fight and can barely string 3 passes together.

We certainly played better than we have done earlier this season but we are still decidely well off the pace which is a big worry.

We cant afford any more poor results. Next weekend is going to be vital in order for us to stay up.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

We have gone from a team that could pass teams off the park and have resolute defending and graft to see our games

to a team that lacks any fight and can barely string 3 passes together.

We certainly played better than we have done earlier this season but we are still decidely well off the pace which is a big worry.

We cant afford any more poor results. Next weekend is going to be vital in order for us to stay up.

No game next week thank feck. The Cove game on the 18th is a MUST WIN. Anything other than 3 points and we’re done… and that’s not being negative, just realistic.

Also, that’s Hamilton now on a 3 game unbeaten run, 2 wins and a draw. That’s a better run than we’ve had all season so they’ll probably catch us.

Edited by Tattie36