The Arbroath Thread

Re Nicky Low (I will caveat all of the following with the fact that this is just my uninformed opinion as none of us know the full story so may be wide of the mark). Such a shame how it ended. A fantastic player for us and always gave 100%.

What leaves a nasty taste in my mouth though is the fact that he made such a song and dance about the travelling to training and matches yet he was happy to go to Kelty. Google maps gives the travel time from Greenock to Kelty and Perth as almost identical. Granted games at Gayfield are further away but there are far more long distance games for him in L1 than the Championship.

I also think he owed Arbroath FC a bit more after taking a risk with him and resurrecting his career. 

Can’t help feeling that he’s fecked what’s left of his career. He should have knuckled down and saw out his contract with us then he could have maybe got his dream move to Morton in the summer. I feel they won’t even want or need him anymore. He’ll probably end up at Clyde or Dumbarton or some other team close ish to where he lives.

Anyway, best of luck to him.

Edited by Tattie36

Lewis Banks

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce the signing of 25-year-old right back Lewis Banks until the end of the season.

The English defender, who hails from Stoke-on-Trent played for his home town team at both U21 and U23 level, where he was also Captain. He helped the young Stoke City side lift the Staffordshire Senior Cup, and was named their U23 Player of the Season at age 21.

In August 2018 Lewis moved to Stafford Rangers, a semi-professional team from Stafford who play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division for a season, but then was snapped up in February 2019 by Sligo Rovers, who play in the Premier Division in the League of Ireland.

At Sligo, Lewis played prominently at right back, but also played at left back if needed and scored some important winning goals for the Rovers.

Lewis was voted the club’s Player of the Year in 2019, and nominated again in 2021.

Making over 118 appearances for the "The Bit O'Red", Lewis also gained experience playing European football with Sligo Rovers competing in the Europa Conference League over the past few seasons and was in the side that knocked out Motherwell earlier this season.

We look forward to welcoming Lewis to the Club!

C'mon the Lichties

2 - Lewis Banks copy.jpg

Edited by Gayfield