The Arbroath Thread

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Michael McKenna on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties 2-1 win over Morton at Cappielow. Mikey won the game with a thunderous 25 yard shot that rifled into the top corner. 

C820E7B9-9624-4CE5-A800-05AB7A284CE8.jpeg

16 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

In his post match interview Dick said “7 in and 7 out”. I count 6 in. Did I miss one or is this Dick’s usual grasp of numbers?

I only count 6 and 6.

In: Dow, Adarkwa, Balde, Olusanda, El Mhanni and Hetherington

Out: Corfe, Hoti, Isiaka, Fosu, Shanks and Oakley

Was it just an error on his part or did he let slip that there’s one more to leave and one more to arrive?

Edited by Tattie36

44 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I only count 6 and 6.

In: Dow, Adarkwa, Balde, Olusanda, El Mhanni and Hetherington

Out: Corfe, Hoti, Isiaka, Fosu, Shanks and Oakley

Was it just an error on his part or did he let slip that there’s one more to leave and one more to arrive?

Hancock out too. 

10 hours ago, Seeker said:

Low?

I hope so and a couple of folk on the Kelty thread have pretty much confirmed that so just waiting on an announcement ⚽🇱🇻🔥 Would be a fantastic boost to have him in time for the run in. I wonder if anyone else will be incoming on D Day lol

All I’ve read is that he’s back at us as he needs an operation which we will have to pay for as he’s our player. Didn’t he have an operation just over a year ago?

Nothing to get too excited about imo as it doesn’t sound like he’s anywhere near ready and able to play… never mind the non football stuff.

I'm quite pleased overall with the window.  I was unsure about releasing Fosu, but I think the players we have brought in give us a lot of versatility.  We have a main striker, who has had a massive impact already, and we also have a second striker who can seemingly play wide too.  We have some more width, which counters the narrowness of our pre January team, and we have signed a mix of attacking and defensive midfielders.  The players we have signed also let us get more out of our existing squad too by providing a better balance.  The concern I have is still with defensive cover.  I think we need a little more at the back.  Overall though, it looks like we have upgraded. 

We have also got some good results, and coming from behind to win at Morton, along with the Ayr and Dundee results, will also have done us the power of good.  It should give us that confidence and self belief we've been lacking in recent months.

I was one of those saying that Dick should go, but at this point, its too late for that, and we should stick.  Plus he does now look like he could turn it around.  So if we go on a run and escape relegation, I will be the first to castigate others for doubting the management, while shoving all my posts down the memory hole.

Saturday’s performance at Cappielow was more like the Lichties of last season. The new boys have all improved the team. The biggest difference is big Sean Adarkwa who has allowed us to get up the park again and created opportunities for others like Mikey and Hammy. My concern is that there is no real back up for Sean if he is unavailable. The new lad Olusanya is more a winger than striker from what we’ve seen.

The return of Scott Stewart, along with the January signings has given the whole squad a big lift and the team's confidence has returned -Arbroath are getting back to their winning ways.

We still need another striker and defender to help with injuries, suspensions, loss of form and competition and I think there will be 1 or 2 more signings soon.

If Nicky Low returns to the squad this would be like a new signing - perhaps he can return until the end of the season and then move to a west coast club in the summer.

I thought that Raith were save from the relegation dog fight - but if we beat them this weekend they will be dragged into the relegation zone.

Great to see the player's playing so well and their confidence returning.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

The return of Scott Stewart, along with the January signings has given the whole squad a big lift and the team's confidence has returned -Arbroath are getting back to their winning ways.

We still need another striker and defender to help with injuries, suspensions, loss of form and competition and I think there will be 1 or 2 more signings soon.

If Nicky Low returns to the squad this would be like a new signing - perhaps he can return until the end of the season and then move to a west coast club in the summer.

I thought that Raith were save from the relegation dog fight - but if we beat them this weekend they will be dragged into the relegation zone.

Got told Nicky Low is injured and needs an operation. Also not sure how he could walk back into the team either after everything that’s happened. 

Oakley coming back to Scotland but supposedly to QP. I genuinely think I’d rather have Scott Stewart there. He just seems more robust and a bigger physical presence. Oakley will probably do well at QP and it’ll give him a chance to work on a different part of his game. 

14 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Do we need another striker?  We have Adarkwa, and if he's unavailable, the guy from St. Mirren can cover, along with emergency Hilson.  I think we're good up front for now.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Oakley coming back to Scotland but supposedly to QP. I genuinely think I’d rather have Scott Stewart there. He just seems more robust and a bigger physical presence. Oakley will probably do well at QP and it’ll give him a chance to work on a different part of his game. 

Think he’ll do a job ? We need a right back with a bit more about them defensively. Currently we have Jake Davidson who is very handy going forward but against the better teams, he generally struggles with the defensive side of the game 

Seem to recall oakley being quite liked by the Arbroath fans despite how poor they’ve been 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do we need another striker?  We have Adarkwa, and if he's unavailable, the guy from St. Mirren can cover, along with emergency Hilson.  I think we're good up front for now.

I think we should try and get another big striker. Adarkwa has exceeded all my expectations though so I feel much more relaxed about it than I did before he arrived. What a difference he’s made.